AZBZ Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a few minor problems gearing up at home, I finally hit Saguaro at 0830 yesterday. Caught some rays (ouch!) and no fish till 1130 on the main lake. Caught a nap in the shade till 1330. Then fished upriver till 1530 and caught nothing. Then moved back to the main lake, and at 1600 and 1615 caught a 3 lb and a 3.5 lb LM busting shad in a large cove. The shad were at the surface over 50 ft of water. Not much shad busting, but the two LM I hooked (both legally) were very fat and sassy. Both came on 6 lb line, on G Loomis 841 cranking rod with Shimano Chronarch Mg SF. Lures: Pointer Minnow Live (chartreusse) and Storm Wildeye Minnow (3" white). Water temp 79 degrees F. Shad and fish activity dropped off at 1630, when a breeze kicked up as storm clouds rolled in. I fished till 1730 and then bailed out (Go, Yankees!). Gorgeous day on the water, with very few anglers, boarders, or water roaches, and only one complete jerkbait (wakerboarder boat scooting through the No Wake Zone upriver, at ca. 15-20 mph --- Beavis' buddy woke me up!).

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Hey Terry, we were out there yesterday too. From 9:30 until around 2. Rob got a lm at about a pound and a half. It was short and fat. Me? Nothing. I got 2 on crankbaits trolling but by the time I got them close to the boat they got loose. I tried to take a little siesta on the back deck while holding a crig while Rob was trolling. Almost fell asleep and then the durn thing snagged! LOL

·
Registered
7,248 Posts
Good job Terry on the post. I learned one thing though, you have $350 worth of fishing equipment and caught two fish! :eek: Could it be user error? :wink: I'm just playing with ya!!

I had a buddy out there with his friend. they had a slow start in the morning, but the early afternoon bite was on. Boils throughout the mesquite flats area. If you could get on them, you had fish. Between the boil action, they were sticking a ton of yellows with 1/4 oz kastmasters. they had some topwater action, small buzzbaits with white skirts. The retrieve speed was just enough to keep that buzzbait on top.

Another friend fished weds. night and picked up five fish. A 4.9, 5.3, 5.5,6.7, & a 9.2! he was all smiles!!! I'm waiting for the pictures.

G

·
0 Posts
geez, your -buddy will appreciate sharing his fish with 20 other boats now that you told the whole frigging world. remind me never to tell you where I caught fish.

G

·
0 Posts
If I was specific where the fish were caught you would catch fish. :wink: RookieBoy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts