Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished Saguaro today (Sat 10/10) with Joe Owens of Bassbacker Guide Service. He's one of the nicest guys you'd ever want to fish with, knows how to catch bass, and works real hard to find them and put them in the boat. We caught an early bite on topwater and floating worms and then it settled down to working hard to find fish. We caught 14 quality bass, most of which were 2-3 lb. apiece, however Joe topped off his catch with bass weighing 5 lbs and 7 lbs. each. We caught most of the fish in 2-5 feet deep water, but a few of them were caught in 14-25 feet of water. BTW, Joe has some great looking jigs, spinnerbaits, buzzbaits, and floating worms that all work if you are interested to buy some. Contact him at [email protected] if you want to order some. Joe, I enjoyed a great day on the water with you. Thank you. Howard Harris

·
Registered
5,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Saguaro Sat. 10/18

My error. I mean to say Saturday 10/18 not 10/10.

·
Registered
8,008 Posts
Ya know, Howard, give or take a WEEK - no biggie! :twisted:
Your day sounds like a fun one. Did Joe mention anything how much longer until his Guiding service is up and running again?

·
Registered
5,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Bayou, it all depends on his insurance company. Apparently the boat has cracked stringers and Joe feels that even if the boat was "fixed" that the safety of the people riding in it could be compromised later on. It seems like his insurance company has taken a "screw you" stance (just my thought on this) and they refuse to total the boat. If they totaled the boat, he would be given enough money to pay off the damaged boat and replace it with another one. Otherwise, he'd have payments on 2 boats.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts