Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a rough day today. The morning started off right when I got into the boat barefoot to organize my rods, my right foot landed right onto a ksw, ouch! After getting the hooks out of my foot we were ready to go. My first cast I snagged and broke off a crankbait, fished another one for about an hour and didn't get any action. Went to spooning and quickly got snagged twice in a row lost two more of those. Picked up a few yellows, but nothing other than that. I fished my butt of until about 3:30 and left, I'm not very good at this cold water fishing. Hopefully I can turn it around soon. Good luck everyone. Josh

·
Registered
5,982 Posts
Ouch Josh, that would have hurt. But why were you barefoot on a cold morning? :?

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The boat was still in the garage. I forgot to tie my baits on the night before so I had to get in and do it before we took off to the lake, I guess I will always wear shoes when I'm in the boat, even when it's parked in the garage. Josh

G

·
Sorry you had a tough day big guy! I lost a KSW today too. it takes some skill to work and retrieve those things from the tree gods. Josh, have you tried using cicadas yet? One of these days, if I see you on the water, I'll take you into the river (during the pumpback) and I'll show you were the hogs hang out!! Don't lose anymore of those KSW's, it's a hog killer. Hang in there big fella! The guys that collected the big money in the MBC today were fishing in 50'-60' and the fish were suspended in the 40' range. They picked them up on dropshot. Look for channels and creek beds and work them over too! Matt aka-RookieBoy

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Matt.
I haven't done much fishing with Cicadas yet. I have a couple ready to try and I will next time out.
I'm looking forward to seeing you out there again. If you ever see us please come say hi, I'd be glad to follow you up the river and watch you catch some fish. Josh

·
Registered
10,874 Posts
sorry to hear about your foot man if your having trouble with cold weather bass fishing try fishing spoons and canks fast in a spot were you have located bait fish around bass and you just have to keep on aggrevating them until they cant help butt to kill your bait also try fishing big jigs in 30 to 50 feet with a super slow retrieve almost like deadstick it well good luck out there and watch out for hooks

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the info champ. It has been tough for me the last few weeks. That stuff will help for sure. Josh

1 - 9 of 9 Posts