Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I fished with TK this morning 05:50 - 08:45. Tim boated 4 LM's and I boated one (3lb.13oz.). He threw a Rico and I threw the Spitz. I got swirled on a lot while the popper seemed to connect and catch fish. I went out for more from 09:15 - 12:15 and boated 3 more in that first hour using a Splash-It (thanks Rippinlips). I got plenty swirls after that but not a connection. There was pretty consistant activity throughout (about 20-25 hits). The popper type seemed to be the way to go. I saw Brown Dog a few times and he was on a top bite, as well. Thanks for the company, Tim!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Surface fishing

Bayou, glad to see you and others found the fish on top. I must have been in the wrong part of the lake. But what's new! See you there sometime.
Gary

·
Registered
911 Posts
Thanks to Bayou I got in on the top water fun. I was experiencing a slow morning with Sammys and buzzbaits on various flats when Bill showed me what he was doing. I found some similar shoreline and followed his advice and threw a rico very close to the shore. Two biggest fish were a 2.5 and a 3.3. Left around 1pm. Bill, Thanks for turning a slow day into a fun one.

·
Registered
8,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That makes my day Jeff! I get more pleasure from hearing that than the few fish I managed to boat. It's a great feeling to be able to "give" to someone else (and have it work) since so very many have been gracious enough to help my sorry butt in recent years! I'm glad you made out OK - I must have just missed you coming in at the ramp. I'll be expecting a payback on advice from you sometime now, too! :wink:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts