Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I got to the lake this morning about 7:00, there were already white caps. I launched all right but tying to the dock was pretty tough with the big rollers coming in. Once I tied off, I went to get back in the truck to park it, and noticed one of my long trailer bunks was floating. Not good. I got the bunk and put it in the back of the truck and then parked. I couldn't put the boat back on the trailer without it and didn't have the bolts (I had one bolt). I went out to try to fish anyway. There were hardly any places to fish out of the wind. If your boat was sideways, you took water over the side from the waves. Not a big deal cuz it's still fishin'!
I saw Tempe Pops and Bassblaster, Nightcrawler and Roni, and Slotking all out there braving it. I mentioned to Pops and BB (Mike and Sam) that I didn't know what I was going to do about the trailer. My sister's in town and I loaned her my debit card to go Christmas shopping. Big mistake! I only had 20 bucks on me and wondered if I could get the garage at the marina to bolt the bunks back down. Then Slotking came up and I mentioned the bunk to him. He was pretty sure he had the stuff in his truck to fix it. We all kind of headed back in at the same time.
When I got to the dock, I couldn't even tie off... until Mike helped. He got soaked. Chris had a drill and some bolts and washers in that bad truck he's got. Thanks Chris for bolting the bunk back on. Thanks Mike and Sam for helping me load the boat. It would've been tough to do it myself today (especially without a board?). Even with the boat tied to the dock, the bow was doing 5 and 6 foot wheelies and taking on a lot of water as "we" (Chris) worked on the trailer. I can only imagine how bad it must've been at Roosevelt last weekend. We ate breakfast afterwards and saw a pontoon boat beached sideways on the ramp.
All that to say: it never hurts to ask people on the lake if they read or post on this site or any other. They're all great folks. Haven't met a bad one yet. Usually, the visiting is great. Sometimes you even get lessons or tips. Rarely, like today, when you need some help, everybody is willing to help. Spiderman was one of the smart ones that decided not to launch, but he saw Nightcrawler coming in and helped her load her boat. Thanks to Tempe Pops, Bassblaster and Slotking. I really appreciated all your help today.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Sorry to hear it wasn't the most enjoyable experience. That sure does prove that it pays to go out and meet new people and make new freinds. I couldn't have gotten anywere fishing wise without the people I've met here and on the water. So far it's been only fishing related tips and stuff but it makes me glad to know that there are people I know willing to help out and really care. Great job everyone, it seems like you all really stepped up to the challenge. Josh

·
Registered
393 Posts
If it wasn't for chatting with some AZBassZone people, today was a total lost. I couldn't do anything right. The wind was awful.
Thanks Jim for helping me load my boat.
When we left I notice one of the "floats" for the dock at ramp 2 was loose and floating near the shore. Does anyone remember the phone number to call so we can get it fixed?

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Ah yes. Conditions at ramp 2 were a little treacherous today!

Was fun to see Lips, Slotking, Jason, Pops and BB out today! And it was REALLY nice to see Spidey and Cindy! Thanks Spidey! I owe ya big time! I got another Rookie lesson today. Check it out here (what? you didn't think I'd do something really stupid without writing a story about it, did you?)http://www.ntcrawler.com/rookie2.htm

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
NightCrawler, sorry we missed you. We headed in about 11:00. What is that picture about? I couldn't make it out!

Rippinlips, that was me saying hello as we passed the no-wake bouys about 10. I really think we need some kind of identifying markers so we know who everyone is....Maybe a flag with a pink thong?

Tater

·
Registered
5,982 Posts
Whod101 (Dale) and I got to ramp 2 at Saguaro today 11/28 around 9-9:30 a.m. this morning and the wind was really howling, blowing 25-35 MPH with gusts that might have been even higher. It was hard to keep your hat on your head. As Josh said there was a guy in a 2004 18.5' Bass Tracker with a 115 hp outboard (nice boat) that the wind blew up on the rocks. Obviously, tt was real rough at the ramps. I looked at the 2 dents in his hull on the bottom of the boat and if it were me, I'd have them checked out at the dealer (or somewhere). They looked pretty serious to me but he called them character dents. After talking with the Josh, Mike, and Tadmo, we headed to Canyon Lake instead. [8D]

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sorry to hear about the TM, Daphne. Need a couple recommendations on a new one? I just happen to have a Minn Kota Auto Pilot sitting in the garage in a box. Only 3 years old. Only been off the boat 3 times to go to the shop or factory. No warrantee but guaranteed to work for a little while.
Tater, I didn't recognize you under the hat, scarf, hood and 5 layers. I personally wouldn't have a problem hanging a pink thong. I was lucky enough to win one at one of Samario's Classics.
Hopefully tomorrow's a lot nicer day for those of you heading out.

G

·
Saguaro.....

You aren't kidding. My father(jerkbait) and I took the boat up today and decided that we didn't want anything to do w/ it. Jerkbait said it looked like a Washing machine out there. We're going to try it Monday instead.

Randy
<*((((><

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Gee thanks ! :lol: I'm still miffed about the trolling motor! I still can't believe I broke it! :evil: I'll get over it. :? On the bright side, the boat is okay!

Tater, catch ya next time then! The pic was my sorry attempt at putting a hurricane wave over ramp 2! LOL :lol:

·
Registered
5,982 Posts
Nightcrawler, sorry to hear about your trolling motor. The ramp situation looked like an accident waiting to happen, so Whod101 went to Canyon instead. I hope you get it fixed or replaced soon so you can get back out again. :(

·
Registered
65 Posts
Always glad to help out a fellow AZBASSZONE member. I agree with Josh, it does pay to have friends. Tough day for me..only had 1 bite but broke off. Too windy to feel anything. Oh Well better luck next time everyone. Hope to see you on the water soon.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts