Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished Saguaro Today and took my 12 year old with me.....he is getting straight A's and deserved the reward....Top Water was very sporadic...started at 0645 fished to 11...we only caught 3 fish total...my son caught a nice 3 pounder on a buzzbait which made it all worth while...he had a ball catching that fish......I have to say I was disappointed with all the boats on a thursday...you would have thought it was memorial day...skiers and lots of fishing boats...I noticed when there was a calm in the boat traffic that the top water would pick up a bit but they would go under as soon as the boats started moving around. So they would only be up for a few seconds at a time before another boat came along to drive them back down...frustrating!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
The best part about your post is that you took your 12 year old with you. I am jealous. My son never had the time to fish with me.
Fishing with your kids, Priceless!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Kids

Your right...God has blessed me....they grow up so fast...I hope you get yours out soon...take care

·
Registered
5,982 Posts
Magic, congrats on your fish and for taking your son out. Glad to see he caught a 3# buzzbait fish that was really exciting for both of you. My son was first out on our boat when he was 3 weeks old and got to see his first bass (a 1 lber). When he was 4 years old I couldn't keep him out of the boat. At 22 he still likes to fish and goes with me when he visits, but not as much, as girls are more interesting to him then fishing. Enjoy your son while you can.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
you know, I am 21 years old and nothing makes me happier than to go fishing with my dad. When I was growing up he was always working and we never had much time to do anything together. Now when I go home (New Mexico) he always makes time to go fishing with me. he once told me he was sorry for not taking me as much when I was a kid, so I told him not to worry about it and the times we've gone out recently have been well worth it. So to you guys that love taking your children fishing, we love it just as much as you do.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts