Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to Bartlett Thurs. morn alone. The boat dock at the ramp near the marina was out of the water! There was still room to lower it but no one did.
No place to tie up and nothing but sand and rocks to ruin the boat finish. Had to go 3 miles east to other ramp. Anyone have a phone number or name of person or persons to bitch to about this absurd occurance that keeps on happening. :evil:

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
Oh no you don't. Before they maintain your dock at Bartlett, they need to fix the dock at Ramp 2 at Saguaro. We had our complaint in first.

·
Registered
5,982 Posts
Everytime I see a broken or missing board at the dock on Ramp #2 at Saguaro, I ask myself, "I wonder how much that guy weighed who broke that board?" He couldn't be any heavier than me! So I walk on the dock very gingerly or try to locate where the I-Beams are under the boards and that's where I will walk. These boards should be replaced proactively as an accident avoidance or lawsuit avoidance. Broken boards or boards that break are an accident waiting to happen!! :(

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Docks

I agree, I've seen this dock fall apart over the years. Arizona or the Feds suck at keeping up the park. My annual sticker is due in December. Instead of paying $90.00 I think I'll just to Home Depot and buy the wood and fix the dock myself and then turn in the receipt for money owed for the 2004 sticker. Maybe they'll get the hint. Or noot they probably don''t care until someone gets hurt and sues the government. ( Like thats possible)

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Ranger when you say sticker is that a parking permit ? If so how do you go about getting one.
Thanks Joe C

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
Joe, you gotta get that sticker. It is for a year and it is was priced at 90 bucks. But last year they had a supplier fiasco and they marked them down. $80.00 bucks I think. Well worth it. If the guard shack is open, they just wave to you. Keep an eye on the posts near the end of the year. I have been wondering when they will be available. Dave.

·
Registered
5,343 Posts
The boat dock at Bartlett is supposed to be auto adjusting, the only way to raise or lower it is to push or pull on it. the people that are responsible are the National Forest Service. I usually just do it myself rather than spend 2 days of bitching and filling out 3 forms in triplicate to move the damn thing.

·
Registered
330 Posts
The front desk phone at the Bartlett Forest Service office is 480-595-3000, I think the Recreation branch is supposed to take care of the docks.

G

·
You can get the stickers any time now. I got mine June 15th 2003 and it is good until June of 2003.. They are not doing the Jan 1st thing anymore. I think this is much better.

G

·
You can get the stickers any time now. I got mine June 15th 2003 and it is good until June of 2003.. They are not doing the Jan 1st thing anymore. I think this is much better.

·
Registered
838 Posts
You can get the stickers any time now. I got mine June 15th 2003 and it is good until June of 2004.. They are not doing the Jan 1st thing anymore. I think this is much better.

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
The parking permit covers parking at any of the recreational sites in the Tonto National Forest.

·
Registered
11,707 Posts
Parking and launching are covered. And it includes Bartlett as well as the other lakes listed above.

G

·
If you have any kind of disability that you can prove in writing ie v/a or other, it is half price. It will make you feel young again, because your also entitled to a golden age pass. Rookie boy may qualify for the disability since he has a hard time staying out of the water.

2Dogs

1 - 19 of 19 Posts