Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've assembled a couple of our highlights during the outings back in August. And as usual Carlos, Talkalai even Seneca still amazes me with just the quality of a fish it produces. Enjoy zoners.

9lbs. Bucketmouth from Talky.

Maxed out our scales with this Carlos beast.

Carlos bass after 15mins. electro-fishing along shoreline.

:biggrin:

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Hey Dewey, have they decided if they are ever going to replace those valves on Coolidge dam so that they can build up some water in there?

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey Dewey, have they decided if they are ever going to replace those valves on Coolidge dam so that they can build up some water in there?
I think someone just needs to close the close the valves. I've seen the gates closed before.

I guess they need water downriver :icon_sad:, too bad "we" the tribal folks don't have any water rights with Carlos Lake but have rights to the land beneath the lake:confused:.

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Real nice of them, isn't it? I went through Winkleman a couple weeks ago and that river was flowing big time:icon_sad:

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
cut this thread off at the pass

that sucks ass why dont they fix that phuckin thing its the best fishery in the state
Trackerman,
Nothing is broke or needs fixing with the dam.
Downriver users just need water.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Gila I aint gonna argue with ya dude you have a lot of great reports from up there its just frustrating that it cant get back to the old days! i am looking forward to this spring up there just really hope that lake can make it is all!!!

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
The bigger problem is the water being sucked off the Gila BEFORE it gets to San Carlos. The river is a trickle by the time it gets through Safford and Wilcox. They pump the water table so low, the river doesnt stand a chance.

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
The bigger problem is the water being sucked off the Gila BEFORE it gets to San Carlos. The river is a trickle by the time it gets through Safford and Wilcox. They pump the water table so low, the river doesnt stand a chance.
+1

The good news is that the old timers around here are predicting a good snowpack this year, they say that years with a late monsoon have a really wet winter, so we've got something to hope for.

Maybe we can nearly wipe out Clifton again and have SC full like back in the mid eighties:biggrin:

·
Registered
7,248 Posts
+1

The good news is that the old timers around here are predicting a good snowpack this year, they say that years with a late monsoon have a really wet winter, so we've got something to hope for.

Maybe we can nearly wipe out Clifton again and have SC full like back in the mid eighties:biggrin:
This year was more of a "non soon" like four years ago, so hopefully the rains will come, but we need more snow than anything else to get SC fillled up.

I know Rosey will fill up again, take the extra water and flush out Saguaro with a new batch of water.

I hope that SC can find a way to hold the water. if I won the lottery, I would take a huge chunk of that and fix that dam. It sucks to listen to that water run out of there not knowing if it's being used or wasted.

The rest of my winnings would go to heart disease reaserch after my kids college fund is filled up and a new bass boat in the garage..

SC is an awesome lake and have fished it for over 38 years. The locals have treated me with respect and the fishing is second to none.

Just pray for snow and let the rivers flow!

·
Registered
13,745 Posts
This year was more of a "non soon" like four years ago, so hopefully the rains will come, but we need more snow than anything else to get SC fillled up.

I know Rosey will fill up again, take the extra water and flush out Saguaro with a new batch of water.

I hope that SC can find a way to hold the water. if I won the lottery, I would take a huge chunk of that and fix that dam. It sucks to listen to that water run out of there not knowing if it's being used or wasted.

The rest of my winnings would go to heart disease reaserch after my kids college fund is filled up and a new bass boat in the garage..

SC is an awesome lake and have fished it for over 38 years. The locals have treated me with respect and the fishing is second to none.

Just pray for snow and let the rivers flow!
If I won the lottery I would buy the lake and make it private...it's such a great fishery, even w/ the water low....

Last trip throwing cranks I caught 2 6's, 22 other 1-1/2 3lb fish, a 2 pound crappie and a 15 pound Flat...all on the same crank in the same area....:biggrin:

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
289 Posts
Great pics! I was out on the electro boat on Saguaro for spring sampling, and helped with nets at Canyon. That is some fun stuff!! Awesome Bass!

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Gila I aint gonna argue with ya dude you have a lot of great reports from up there its just frustrating that it cant get back to the old days! i am looking forward to this spring up there just really hope that lake can make it is all!!!
pray for lots of rain and snow every year:lol:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts