Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heading to San Carlos this Thursday and am curious if anyone has been out there lately. Understand the launch ramp around Soda Canyon is very rough to launch from. Have heard that the better launching is from New Gov't Corral, looking for any info regarding launching and fishing out there.

Thanks

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I've been out a few times in the last month or so....And pretty much you need a 4 wheel drive to launch...it was pretty hairy especially getting the boat out. As far as fishing is concerend, It was pretty good....got some nice fish on blades & cranks @ the lava rocks. Also boated some decent worm fish straight across from the launch ramp on the steep rock banks. Both sides of the banks heading towards the dam had some nice fish as well...mainly on westy's and t-rigs. A lot of the lake is still unfishable because the water is so low and its juts like Muck over their...so don't waste your time...That would be the northeast banks....Hope this helps, Dan

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Rackman: Where did you launch from? Did you launch from the ramp? Was wondering if New Gov't Corral might be a better option. Have a 20' Ranger and have a four wheel drive but don't want to get stuck out there if possible. Appreciate your info

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, I launched from the main ramp which there is about 12' of hard pack rock below the end of the concrete ramp. You need to keep your rig on right hand side of the ramp when your backing up to make it easier. I also tried the sandy area just above the main launch....which is real smooth and gradual but real soft as well (not recommended). I have a 19' champion and didn't have too much problem getting it in or out....except for my backseater jumped on the gas after we loaded the boat on the trailer and spun the tires and sprayed me rocks...so just creep out and you'll be fine. Let me know how you do when you get back. Dan

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Rackman: thanks again for the update, I had visions of nasty mud and everything else, kind of like Roosevelt last year when a lot of people were getting $200.00 tow bills to get un stuck. Will let you know how it goes. Going for a tri-fecta, San Carlos on Thursday, Roosevelt on Friday, and Apache Saturday. Should be fun..........

·
Captain McSh*tty
9,811 Posts
dude are u sure you werent trying to get back at him for outfishing you that day>>???LOL :wink:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts