Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner
21 - 40 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
People get swindled every day, nothing new in this country.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Scammed

I am not trying to slam Trent by any means.... I have known Trent for a long time and our family's are friends , I have also worked for Trent before, just looking for him to do the right thing

·
Registered
382 Posts
Kyle-I feel for you. If you don't have a written contract there is really nothing you can do other than track him down and put his face on a milk carton.

Unfortunately, even if you have a written contract, that doesn't mean shit. Found that out the hard way....$40K....worth

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
You worked for him and didn't know what a pos he was? Looks like you are trying to live up to half of your screen name. Dork

·
Registered
3,556 Posts
He told you , you could walk away at any time, and you chose to stay ?
You give a guy 8 grand with no info on him ! You are either talking bs or just plain stupid, had too many drinks or have enough money to throw away.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Trent

After several months of excuses I chose I walk away. Trent has changed his number several times. I have had every excuse for him having stage 5 cancer to his divorce to paperwork mishaps.... And ever call was I will call you back tonight and when I worked for Trent he was my capt. At a fire dept.... He seemed like a good guy then

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Holy crap this is not good! I just met him yesterday and gave him 25k!!!

·
Registered
580 Posts
Let me get this straight:

You are not here to slam him
You know Trent for years
Your family and his family are friends for years
You have no idea where he is, or how to contact him
So you signed onto a fishing forum to contact him

Is this correct? And the issue is???

·
Banned
83 Posts
$8k? You might want to get in line. I heard on Facebook there was a girl he was shacking up with who is out close to $100,000 from that guy basically emptying her bank account/life savings. Last I heard she ended up moving in with her parents after he skipped town on her. Try Arkansas he's probably there. Might be worth getting the word out on the Arkansas forums or Bass a Boat Central to see if anyone spotted him there. Check the tournament results there you might see his name.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Hey DorkFish, Send me a pm I have a great business opportunity for you. You will make millions of tax free dollars. Forget about the 8k, this is about big money.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Arizona Revised Statutes - Title 13 Criminal Code

13-2310. Fraudulent schemes and artifices; classification; definition
A. Any person who, pursuant to a scheme or artifice to defraud, knowingly obtains any benefit by means of false or fraudulent pretenses, representations, promises or material omissions is guilty of a class 2 felony.

Fraud is a criminal act but may be hard to prove if a written document executed by the parties exists. It may then become a breach of contract issue which is a tort violation and thus a civil matter.

You could either contact the Arizona Attorney General's office or a private practice attorney to have the matter reviewed and determine your best course of action.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Dorkfish, I don't know you or the culprit involved in your situation. I simply want to say I admire you for not taking the bait, and getting into ugly debate with those who have taken shots at you on this topic. Some act like they have never done anything that went to crap. I wonder how living that error-free life would feel?! You have stayed on topic and basically ignored the critics. We can all learn from others mistakes, and then move on. I hope you get some measure of justice. Again, thank you for ignoring the perfect people. (now I'll probably get flamed too, lol.)

21 - 40 of 77 Posts