Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have killed 14 scorpions at my house in just 5 days! I have killed them inside the house, in the garage, front yard, and back yard. I have never had this problem before this week. What can I do to solve this problem?

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
Get a cat...

·
Registered
6,870 Posts
Did they recently knock a building down or do some land work around your house? Must have disturbed them somehow?? Call a pest control company they will take care of them.

·
Registered
746 Posts
No new construction in my area and several of my neighbors have been complaining of having several scorpions. I just killed 2 in my home a couple of days ago and prior to that have only seen 3 when we first moved in a few years back (when construction was still taking place).
Must have been the right conditions this year for reproducing!
Call the Orkin man.

·
Registered
6,870 Posts
Not really Franklin. They only costs about 75 every 3 months

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Come to think about it thay have been doing construction work in and around the four model homes behiend my house and the neighbor next door just had all their carpet replaced. I just picked up a blacklight from home depot today and just finished walking the perimeter of my house (killed 6 more). Those suckers light up like little light bulbs under that thing! As for the cat, I just can't bring myself to getting one seeing as I'm heterosexual and all. Even if my wife got one my dogs would have it as a snack in about 30 seconds. Lol

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
I know what you mean about the cat thing.....we kept the nasty pricks in the barns back in Indiana....The rabbit and **** dogs could be in/near the house, but cats......nah

·
Registered
151 Posts
I remember when we first moved into my house and we had our pool put in, we were always killing scorpions.

·
Registered
110 Posts
You can't kill the scorpions with pest control but you can kill their food source. Kill the crickets inside and out and the scorpions will disappear.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Spraying your house once a month will kill the scorpions. We have the same problem, now when we see them they are dead or dying.

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
Use CY-KICK CS inside and out, Put a small amt of D/E around all threshholds of doors, and then every night grab a beer and a flourecent light and walk around the outside of yer house and kill what cha see, everything, eliminate ALL food for em. It wont take long for em to all be gone, took me bout 1-2 weeks.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
one more thing I did is spent like $20 on those plug in the wall sound things that drive bugs out, I was told by 3 different people, 1 being a pest control guy that they do work good, hel, thats the same as 1 lucky craft 4 casts and lost in a tree, worth a try, scorpions suck ass. I hate those things. I tried drop shottin em but they kept stingin my fingers when I was tryin to put em on the hook. Little basturds

·
Registered
168 Posts
i have never seen a scorpin in my house until two weeks ago now im seeing them all over had the house sprayed and i put glue traps down hopefully this works.

·
Registered
5,086 Posts
Come to think about it thay have been doing construction work in and around the four model homes behiend my house and the neighbor next door just had all their carpet replaced. I just picked up a blacklight from home depot today and just finished walking the perimeter of my house (killed 6 more). Those suckers light up like little light bulbs under that thing! As for the cat, I just can't bring myself to getting one seeing as I'm heterosexual and all. Even if my wife got one my dogs would have it as a snack in about 30 seconds. Lol
You're wife didn't want to eat your dog? Must be a vegetarian.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts