Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, for the last 3 weeks or so i have been nervous about scorpions. ive been so nervous i havent been able to sleep cause i kept dreaming that they are in my bed and i wake up looking for them and it wakes up my wife. it got so bad i was thinking that maybe i just need to get stung so i could get over the fear. i wasnt really thinking about getting stung on purpose but i really need to get over the fear of them expecially in my bed. well the other night i got stung, and low and behold it was while i was asleep in my bed. so much for getting over the fear of them being in my bed.... any ways they hurt. i got stung in the shin and with in a few hours my face got all tingely and went numb for about 24 hours. now the shin has no feeling at all, which ive been told that is normal so it doesnt bother me much. so my question is...... now i have got a bunch of little blisters on my chest that itch like crazy. there are about 20 in a 2 inch oval.

is this normal? im not going to the dr im just wondering if anyone else has had this after getting stung by one..... thanks

·
Banned
4,454 Posts
Being that it has passed 24 hours...

I would take Benadryl... to help w/the reaction.

I carry it for insect sting/bites, I get the same reactions.

·
Registered
8,424 Posts
Why were you wound up about scorpions? What was the trigger for that?

Interesting, usually it is the other way around. Something happens then you loose sleep over it. I was sound asleep and felt something walk across my arm one night and I grabbed it, I had it in one hand and woke up really fast thinking what the hell did I just grab. This beetle was about 5 inches long. Holding it in my hand the head was sticking out between my thumb and forefinger and the ass was hanging out down by my pinky finger. I had a lot of nights where I jumped out of bed and tear the sheets off the bed looking for more beetles.

I had scorpions in my bed too, down in Texas the little bastards are all over the house. A cat is good for finding them and killing em.

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well they have been all over my backyard for the last 3 years. i knew it was a matter of time before they got in the house. i went to havasupai a few weeks ago and saw a bunch. and started dreaming about them there then it continued when i got home.

im allergic to cats. i heard chickens are good foe them too. im going to borrow one form my inlaws and see....

·
Premium Member
34,643 Posts

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
she doesnt drink and no way she'd get a tatoo. i think im in the clear as far as going to the dr. everything has gone away almost. the sting area is numb as all get out, my bottom lip has a little tingle to it and the blisters are the only thing still around still bugging me. im sure ill be fine im just wondering if anyone else had the blisters...

·
Registered
948 Posts
Just a paramedic, not a Doctor....Never seen blisters from a scorpion sting. Just very painful at the site. There are no allergic reations to them. The stings are a neurotoxin that in rare cases usually very old and young can cause muscle twitching, drooling, vision problems. I have never seen a reaction in 10 years of being a paramedic. My guess is your blisters on your chest are not related especially a day later. If you have any tightness in your throat or difficulty breathing go to the ER or call 911.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Just a paramedic, not a Doctor....Never seen blisters from a scorpion sting. Just very painful at the site. There are no allergic reations to them. The stings are a neurotoxin that in rare cases usually very old and young can cause muscle twitching, drooling, vision problems. I have never seen a reaction in 10 years of being a paramedic. My guess is your blisters on your chest are not related especially a day later. If you have any tightness in your throat or difficulty breathing go to the ER or call 911.
+1 if you go to the E.R they just watch you for 8 or so hours for any resp. probs, then they will start the i.v

·
Premium Member
34,643 Posts

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
just read the part about the 20 or so blisters and your alleric to cats.
I has something similiar on my back by my shoulder blade, same size and just in that one area about 2 months ago. was there for a few weeks then went away.

I am not allergic to cats that I know of.
probably from you doing it donkey style:biggrin:jfwy

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Your rash is probably not due to the scorpion sting. Maybe if you described the rash itself, we could give you a little more advice. Was it red, raised, blisters? Did it itch, burn? Does it cross the midline of your body. Is it spreading. Could be a lot of things. You probably don't need the ER this far out from the sting, time wise. As for the sting, the danger of becoming really sick is over and never really was a factor. Mostly the sick, young, or old are affected by the Hairy Scorpion. The Bark scorpion on the other hand can be troublesome.

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
blisters, red, itches not over midline, not spreading yet.

from the pictures i have seen, it was a bark scorpion

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
this is what it looked like after i found it, well a few seconds after i found it anyway....

Attachments

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
wow thats sick that huge......

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
blisters, red, itches not over midline, not spreading yet.

from the pictures i have seen, it was a bark scorpion
Have you had chicken pox as a kid? If it does not cross the midline with itchy, red blisters, that heal over into scabs, it could be Shingles. Which is the chicken pox, kind of revisited. Certain medications can help with this rash, but needs to be prescribed by a physician. See your doctor for Shingles as it can be troublesome down the road.

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Have you had chicken pox as a kid? If it does not cross the midline with itchy, red blisters, that heal over into scabs, it could be Shingles. Which is the chicken pox, kind of revisited. Certain medications can help with this rash, but needs to be prescribed by a physician. See your doctor for Shingles as it can be troublesome down the road.
huh.. thanks. are you a dr.? or just informed..... yes had chicken pox

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
yup... bark for sure.... the picture that i posted is a bad one to compare to. that one has been ...... well.... altered. but ive killed alot in my backyard and theyre bark for sure.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts