Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone recommend replacement lights for an under 80" wide trailer. I currently have the square type, 2 wire lights like this one:

They claim they're submersible, but I'm constantly getting water inside and the bulbs go out. Are all the LED type lights sealed and submersible?

KP

·
Registered
676 Posts
use LED's then you can leave them lit up when you are putting the boat on the trailer at night and have a landing strip for the boat

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
+1 for LEDs. I had a little fit with my trailer lighting, removed all the OEM wiring and lights, rewired it and welded Grote brackets on for the larger oval LED S/T/T lights.

Cost about $80 total and took 2 hours.

These are the lights/brackets I used: http://grote.com/product.php?product_number=G6002

·
Registered
225 Posts
Hey; I have LED's and the trailer mfg still "recommend" to disconnect them... Is this to cover all bases in terms of incandescents ; or are they worrying about non sealed connections elsewhere in the trailer???

Either way, I leave them on as for the "landing strip", and its a pain to contend with the brakes all the time/ just another waste of time at the ramp...

·
Registered
476 Posts
I think you can get the same shape lights you have with LED's at Harbor freight. I replaced my lights with the harbor frieght long rectangle light kit and they work great. I don't have to unplug them when putting the trailer in the water and have had no problems.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts