Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone throwing the big baits yet at canyon/saguaro? just curious, i'm trying to get around to it whhew :wink:

·
Captain McSh*tty
9,811 Posts
Its a hard thing to do and stick with, thats for sure. You could throw one all day and not get bit....but once you do, it will be a good one. BASS WEST has a good article on swimbaits in the issue thats out now.

·
Registered
269 Posts
havent thrown any yet but when i was loading up today around 1:00 game and fish had just dumped 750 trout at ramp #2 and were headed over to butcher jones to dump the other 750 i didnt have any of the big baits but i saw one 6" trout get inhaled in about three gulps by an 8+ lm pretty cool to see :lol:

·
Captain McSh*tty
9,811 Posts
It's on now! Get out the swimbaits....... :D
3 gulps? That fish was a slacker..... :)
Should have had him in one gulp!
Did you see the size of the bait...I mean trout they were stocking??
Jason

G

·
Its has begun , last week biggie so far 10.22lm and a 5 1/2 smallie
both on a ( stray dog ) at night up close to the bank. You want a education go to the second bridge at Boulder creek and wait for a school of trout to swim by and then look down and watch what is following them. It is one of the most amazing things to witness. If anybody has any photo or camera savvy my ? to you would be do you think if I would try to film it would I get a quality series or would it be blurred ? I hate going out in the daylight so I dont want to waste my time.

·
Registered
8,008 Posts
Wow! There's some sweet fish GCB. Did the two mentioned fish swallow swim baits? Do the smallies tear up the trout as well?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts