Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi i am only 16 and i would like to know where a couple of secret ponds are at for good bass fishing. since we do live in az there is not alot of great fishing spots to fish at and i would like to get in on some good fishing. if you would private message me with a spot of yours it would be greatly appreciated!

thanks

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Just start looking for water using google maps and go from there! Not too sure how many people will want to give up their "secret ponds"...

·
Registered
644 Posts
If someone is just willing to give up a "secret pond" then it probably isn't that great and it surely isn't that "secret". Like Hoffman said jump on google earth a do a little homework. Your lucky to have that technology available to you at your age.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
If someone is just willing to give up a "secret pond" then it probably isn't that great and it surely isn't that "secret". Like Hoffman said jump on google earth a do a little homework. Your lucky to have that technology available to you at your age.
I bet you have a trick or two up your sleeve though, I've read your posts about tearing it up on the urban ponds! I might be getting a house at Arrowhead Lakes here soon, have you ever fished in there? I used to like 7 years ago and would catch 3+ pound bass all day long... Hope it's still like that now!

·
Registered
804 Posts
I bet you have a trick or two up your sleeve though, I've read your posts about tearing it up on the urban ponds! I might be getting a house at Arrowhead Lakes here soon, have you ever fished in there? I used to like 7 years ago and would catch 3+ pound bass all day long... Hope it's still like that now!
I used to fish there from my friends back yard. The fishing is good but the fish are very weak because of the poor water conditions. I don't use more that 4# test there. Caught a 10# carp on 2# test and a 6# bass with 4# test. The bass are pretty stupid there too. The strongest fish are the bigger cats and the huge Coy.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
I used to fish there from my friends back yard. The fishing is good but the fish are very weak because of the poor water conditions. I don't use more that 4# test there. Caught a 10# carp on 2# test and a 6# bass with 4# test. The bass are pretty stupid there too. The strongest fish are the bigger cats and the huge Coy.
Damn, that's crazy... I'll have to give it a shot for myself. I've got a little aluminum boat that I plan on dropping in there for fishing. If I get the house I'm gonna make some artificial structure out of milk crates and drop them bastards in some choice locations and see what that will bring around. I've never catfished out of there though, would like to give that a shot. Ever catch flatheads out of there or just channels??

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
I dont know how many flatheads are in there but when I was in school a buddy of mine caught one out of there that was every bit of 40lbs maybe close to 50. He got it on a grub and spinning rod out of a paddle boat. crazy shit...

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yeah i have fishing there recently. tons of big fish still. my dad used to fish there when the houses were not up yet and he said he killed them on smaller cranks

·
Registered
975 Posts
PSSST hey.... I have a couple of secret spots... One is called roosevelt, kinda small but good, or how about pleasant well... no... nevermind F*#K pleasant, havasu, alamo, canyon, bartlett, martinez, powell, black river, and thats about it cuz there are not really any good spots to fish in AZ! Hope this helps but promise you won't tell ANYONE!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
PSSST hey.... I have a couple of secret spots... One is called roosevelt, kinda small but good, or how about pleasant well... no... nevermind F*#K pleasant, havasu, alamo, canyon, bartlett, martinez, powell, black river, and thats about it cuz there are not really any good spots to fish in AZ! Hope this helps but promise you won't tell ANYONE!
thanks dude

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
:Iconrotfl :Iconrotfl :Iconrotfl :Iconrotfl

1 - 20 of 20 Posts