Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner

Senko training and a question

2K views 18 replies 7 participants last post by  jasonR 
#1 ·
I finally did it, I fished a senko last night. My 1st 2 fish hit it as soon as it hit the water. The others would hit it when I gently raised my rod tip....I was fishing both 4" and 5.5(I think, the seemed a lot bigger than the 4") models. Anyone else fish these at night? I was fishing about 2' of water and cant wait to try them out in the big lakes. I found a 50 bag of them (I call them Fenkos b/c they arent the real thing, but close) on ebay for like 8 bucks. But the real question here is, does anyone else throw them at night............??
Jason

#2 ·
I have threw them(5") at night a few time last year and caught a couple fish. The problem I had was the fish just picked it up and started swimming away or there was a very subtle tick-tick. You really have to be able to see your line or else you run the risk of gut hooking the fish. Been there, done that and thanks to Del was able to save the fish.

SteveM

#3 ·
Senkos

I like using them at night. I will usually prefer a texas rigged worm. If there are areas that I want to fish, and they are really snaggy, a senko is the way to go. The are also a good daytime bait. They have different presentations depending on where you hook it and hook size. JMHO

G
#4 ·
Senko

I love to use a senko during the day but don't use it much at night. Deadsticking and wacky worming are my favorite choices for this bait. On your question about Bartlett water level. I was there last Friday with one of my boys at his request before he started school again. The old ramp is useable but there was a sign about the new ramp being under contruction. Bass were frequently chasing shad which produced a good topwater bite on the clear rico. Deep diving cranks were producing as well. There is still plenty of water in this lake. Alot of new islands are popping up as usual while the water level drops. My boy caught fish after his spanking at Canyon. He can be at peace now. I use to fish Bartlett quite a bit but not so much anymore since the bass seem to be decreasing in size. We did catch one over 2 lbs and a 5 lb. flathead but the rest were your typical Bartlett bass. Good luck - Mark

G
#15 ·
Jason, welcome back, we all missed you. I have one question though. Are you Jason Dettmar or this at a different person? I am getting confused with the JasonD and the JasonR. I know, insert the dumb ass comments now...feel free. The whole thing is I am going to win that U.S. Open!!!!!!!!!!!! I am fishin' for my country! Long live democracy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.