Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had a rick clunn baitcaster for almost a half of a year and it is my first baitcaster and after a half of a year am still trying to be able to put some distance in my casts. I was wondering how many of the pin brakes you would recommend to have in place and how many removed?
Thanks for any help
Justin

·
Registered
5,343 Posts
depends on what size lure you are throwing and the size of line, If i throw 1/2 oz or more i have them all on, if i throw anything smaller i have every outer one on.

G

·
what kinda line are you using?
what bait are you using
what rod are you using.

this will all make a difference but right now I am betting your thumbscrew is way to tight.

The pins will mainly make the difference when you first cast ( to keep it from backlashing)and not so much(but it does) when your going to distance.

My reels fly still and they have been used very very heavily.

if you put a bait on the rod and depress the release button adjust the thumb screw so when the bait hits the ground it wont back lash(maybe 1 or 2 turns is ok)than fine tune from there.

Delw

G

·
Yes in the am.
I have to swing by the bus depot and drop off some parts for shipment to san diago then we are on our way.

we are only going to fish till noon

Delw

·
Registered
5,982 Posts
I have Rick Clunn signature baitcasting reels and I left them as they came in the box as far as those little weights are concerned. I just adjust the tension on the spool by turning the knob like Delw suggests.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts