Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this story starts about two months ago. I was out night fishing with my brother Shotman and the piece of crap BPS black light we were using fell apart. I can't complain too much as it was in the boat when I bought it. So I started looking for a replacement light. I really wanted to get a Nucli-eye but just couldn't bring myself to spend the $$ to get one. So while shopping in one of the local tackle stores I see this Stan Sloan light. I bought the light and was ok with it but was still bitching because I really wanted the Nucli-eye.

I retired from the Air Force on Thursday Oct 1st and we had my retirement party on Friday. I was opening the gifts from my coworkers and my family and when I got to the last one from my wife what a suprise to find a NUCLI-EYE extreme in the package. She said she was tired of hearing me bitch and complain about not having one and didn't want to continue hearing me bitch another three months until Christmas.

The trouble she went throught to make sure she got this before the party is unreal. First she tried to order it from Jumping Cholla. They took her order then later called her back and told her they were out of stock. She then called every tackle store in Tucson. Tacklemans said they had one and took her credit card info and said they would hold it for her. When she went by to pick it up someone had sold it.

She researched on the internet and started calling everyone in Phoenix. Panic was starting to set in when she called Jason at Conquistador Tackle Company. Jason had just gotten a shipment that day. He sent it out to her next day delivery and didn't even charge her any shipping. Big kudos to Jason for saving the day.

So the package gets delivered the day before the party. We are out eating dinner when UPS delivered it. I am walking in the front gate and the package is sitting on the walk. Good thing it wasn't a snake becasue it would have bitten me. Hell I didn't even see it. She saw it and proceeded to go back out and hide it in the garage.

I don't know about you guys but I think She's a KEEPER.

Check out the new fishing gear I got also. It's SWEET and I am going to catch a big one with it.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Congrats on the retirement & your comittment to our country. I wouldn't take that rod out anywhere on a weekend unless you're dropshotting with it!

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
Sorry for the trouble finding a light

Great story and very happy to have you as a customer, you are welcome to PM me directly or email with any questions on the light. We have had some distress lately keeping up with orders but its turning a new corner.

Thank you for your service defending our country Sir...

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I swear I am going to catch a fish with that "BARBIE" rod and take a video and picture of it. I will post it on facebook so all my coworkers can see it. The rod was a present from my Boss. Hell with my luck I will probably hook my personal best with the damn thing.

·
Registered
5,982 Posts
Cool story and yes, your wife is a keeper. You will like your Nucli-Eye Extreme night light. Thank you for your years of serving our country.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Going to try out the Nucli-eye tomorrow night at Rosey. Hope it works as good as everyone says they do.

·
Registered
33 Posts
i'm going to hold him to "catching a fish" with nthe barbie pole , i think to make the trip a challange he has to start out with it a fish til he catches something , maybe i can get ahead in the fish count.

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
I don't blame your wife take the damn light and shut up. She is a very smart woman you wanted a fishing light. Wait until you see what see wants...

I can see it now, at the mall, shopping spree and there you are on the bench with the purse while she trys stuff on.

The good news is no one will see you in the camo's..

Congrats on your retirement and thank you!

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Naw Elway you got it all wrong. I already have her trained, "DON'T TELL HER". She doesn't like shopping at the mall. She only likes to go shop and look at everything if we go to Home Depot or as she calls it "Hope Depot". She also likes Sportsmans warehouse alot. Hell who am I kidding her favorite store is WALGREENS. I don't think she can drive past one without stopping. And she already tries the "hey honey hold my purse while I look at this" sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. But I still think she's a keeper and she loves BASS fishing too.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Went to rosey last night and made Rich use his barbie pole was hilarious , he hooked a dink on the first cast but didnt land it , he did get one a few cast later . for a min there i thought i was fishing with a five year old girl the way he has carrying on , was funny as hell.

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
I thank you for your service to our country and good luck on the water with "Barbie"

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Barbie Pole

i'm going to hold him to "catching a fish" with nthe barbie pole , i think to make the trip a challange he has to start out with it a fish til he catches something , maybe i can get ahead in the fish count.
Ok so Shotman held me to the promise of catching a fish with the "BARBIE POLE" I got at my retirement party. I didn't start off fishing with it but while taking a break I rigged it up with a 4" senko on a drop shot. On the first cast I was on the fish like a BASS Pro. I hooked a nice size dink and becasue my NET BEOTCH was too slow I lost it at the boat. Next cast I was in the Money and landed this whopper. It was all in good fun and I made good on my promise to catch a fish with it.

Once that was over we got back to serious fishing and caught some nice fish. It was a great night for fishing and we even managed to catch a few. Here are the picts for all you doubters. THE BARBIE POLE ROCKS.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 21 Posts