Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok,so I bought a ship to shore radio,and was wondering how hard it is to hook it up,or if there is someone reasonably priced that I should have put it in for me.I did hook up a c-d player,but im not the best mechanic type out there for sure,quads yes,boat and I dont get along too well!lol Thanks in advance!!

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
bump,anyone?

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Get hold of "bass or bass".... He has a ship to shore. It can be a lifesaver. It was for him.
He knows all about them. He'll be able to steer you in the right direction.

Good luck.....

·
Registered
644 Posts
Really easy.Connect positive, negative wires to your boats electrical system. Install antenna and screw the connection into the back of the radio. 4 foot antenna is all you will ever need on inshore waters.Mines made by Shakespere. Should not take more than half an hour to do. I'll never be without one again. Broke down on Lake Pleasant, up river. Picked up the mike, tuned to channel 16 (emergency channel) and hailed vessel assist. Tow boat was there in @ 15 minutes. Also, invest in a BoatU.S. membership and upgrade to unlimited freshwater towing. Basic membership is @ $25 and the upgrade is @ another $25. I had basic membershiop when I broke down. The tow bill was $125, after the $50 discount for basic membership. I upgraded the next week. Now, any distance tow is no charge and help recovering your boat onto the trailer is included. You can't beat that for peace of mind.
A friend of mine also has VHF radio, and we can communicate anywhere on the lake by predetermining the channel we will use and leaving radio tuned to that channel. Also, national weather service has continuous weather updates on a couple channels. I can't recall what channels right off hand.

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
i love mine. i use it at powell to comunicate with the houst boat. i love it. they are real easy to install.

·
Registered
101 Posts
They are great to have. I have one for offshore fishing on my center console, but just use my cell for inshore "I need help" communication. Just make sure that you mount your antenna away from fish finder, FM radio antenna etc. It will interfere.Mine is mounted on the back corner of the boat with a tilt mount so it will lay flat along the gunwale for transportation.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks guys,Im going to give it a shot today!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts