Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw a post earlier about shore fishing at Pleasant. I'm boatless also and fairly new to fishing. Had to carry a towel with me to wipe up the drool from the Boat Show a few weeks ago!! Where are good spots to shore fish? Access points? I don't mind a hike or scrambling over boulders. Don't give up your honey hole. I live 25 min from Pleasant. Thanks. Jim.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Jim

Fist off let me say be very careful if you start hiking around the lake. The shoreline is very loose and rocky in most areas. Also there are cockleburs all over so where long pants in most areas. Second take a look at the mape here:
http://www.maricopa.gov/parks/lake_pleasant/
or better yet get one of the topo maps. Third check the water level at the lake(623-869-2182).

Easy access point are:
1. The shoreline south of Castle Creek Ramp.
2 The area around the 10-Lane Ramp.
3. The area around the Ranger(Operation) station
4. The area at the end of Castle Creek(Kites Point).
5. The coves around the Marina.

On the weekend(especially in the spring,summer) most of these areas can be very crowded. If you are more adventurous, you can drive around the the north side of the lake. Be very careful, if you get too close the lakes edge in some places you can get stuck very quickly. You should have a vehicle with good ground clearance and preferabley a 4wd.

This time of year, shore fishing is very tough out there, so good luck. Hope you do well.

SteveM

·
Captain McSh*tty
9,811 Posts
The areas SteveM listed have fish, but this time of year its anyone's guess. Ive fished it from shore quite a few times, and a float tube. My friend Franklin is selling his tube if you are interested. PM me, I fish out there quite a bit, a lot of times I have an empty back seat. I will be out there Sunday, but not sure yet if the backseat is open or not. I live close as well, about 20 miles from my front door to the marina.
Jason

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.