Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So...not knowing too many friends with boats.....where's the best place to fish off shore and catch some really nice bass? I live in the East Valley. Thanks for your help....

Cas.....

·
Registered
2,567 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hey how does one access the Lower Salt near the Granite Reef Dam?

Do you just drive to the dam and park or something?

Where can I park and should I walk upstream or downstream?

Sorry for the dumb questions but I'm a new bass fisherman trying to learn!

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Haven't been there for a while but I think there's a small parking lot that is marked " Granite Reef ". Probably go upstream from there... I may be wrong though.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
There is a small lot at the granite reef, but you can go a little further up the road to phon d sutton that's where the verde and the salt meet. Make sure you have your tonto pass before you get there they don't sell them at the river or the lakes.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Haven't been there for a while but I think there's a small parking lot that is marked " Granite Reef ". Probably go upstream from there... I may be wrong though.
Ah I was guessing upstream since downstream is... not much but a trickle besides the canals right?

Sounds like fun, I'm gonna check it out...

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Ah I was guessing upstream since downstream is... not much but a trickle besides the canals right?
Wow that didn't take long, Only 4 posts to fit in to the az smartass zone.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts

Sounds like fun, I'm gonna check it out...
To be honest I couldn't tell ya, don't really remember what it's like over there. Make sure ya post something after you go out there, I'd like to know how it is over there! Good luck!

·
Registered
644 Posts
Hiking downstream from Granite is not an option and to be quite candid trying to hike up from there "ain't going to be no picnic". The area right around Granite is going to be very tough from the shore. If you are without even so much as a float tube I would highly recommend Phon D. Your access will be greatly improved and it will be possible to wade for quite a distance either upstream or downstream.

Granite would probably be a touch better for bass but once you get there and spend about 5 minutes surveying the lay of the land you'll quickly understand what I am talking about.

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
Hey how does one access the Lower Salt near the Granite Reef Dam?

Do you just drive to the dam and park or something?

Where can I park and should I walk upstream or downstream?

Sorry for the dumb questions but I'm a new bass fisherman trying to learn!
US60 to Power Road
North on Power until the road ends (at Granite Reef)
The road turns East ans you can access about 7 or 8 day parking lots with access to the river. Water Users be good, just below Saguaro Dam.

·
Registered
676 Posts
US60 to Power Road
North on Power until the road ends (at Granite Reef)
The road turns East ans you can access about 7 or 8 day parking lots with access to the river. Water Users be good, just below Saguaro Dam.
can i take the shark mouth bass slayin john boat out there?

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Bartlett Lake has some good shore access. Rattlesnake cove or around the ramps. Saguaro around the ramps or Butcher Jones can be productive. Boulder Creek at Canyon.

SteveM

·
Registered
29 Posts
Now do you need a Tonto Pass to park or fish, or is that only if you have a boat?

Also, my Dad has a pass called American the Beautiful - National Parks and Federal Recreational Lands Pass, for senior citizens, so I think if he goes with we can get a cheaper $3 version of the Tonto Pass. Not sure on that though, anyone know?

Also a Saguaro Lake question! I have been fishing there at night several times for catfish and get skunked every time. I always have fished from one of the 2 piers, and every time I go there are tons of people fishing and nobody catching anything. Bad location, bad timing, bad fishermen, what would it be? I hear the bass fishing has been good at night on Saguaro but where and how, do you have to have a boat for that? Night fishing for bass sounds super fun.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts