Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw the weather predictions and the wind so we opted to not enter but went ahead and fished anyway. The biggest crappie was 2.4 with many at or just over 2, many fish were missed and several small ones released. Ran out of the 5 dozen minnows by 10:00.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,248 Posts
Nice job on the catch!:)

Is that a Tennessee rod that you used? It look like the reel was taped on.
I have a Tennessee style rod by Loomis. I use it for lighter applications like drop shotting and soft jerks.

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Very nice, glad to see they are starting to hit. Which end did you fish.
The northwest one... and the rod is a cheap china rod a got a few years ago as a joke, but taped a decent real to for this trip. It bends into a full circle with a large crappie on it but sure is fun. :D

·
Registered
5,982 Posts
Great catch Bob! I've never seen a 2+ lb. crappie in person, but I would call one a toad crappie! You've got some great eats there too. Congrats on the great catch!

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Those are some nice crappie, I heard that 9 lbs won the bass, we didn't fish it either, just wasn't in the budget with me unemployed, we also went out and fish until 10 and I caught 3 overs, we figured we would have had about 12 pounds total. But you know if we had entered the tournament, we probably would have sucked. Good job on the crappie.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts