Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can sympathize with ranger due to the fact that I was blanked as well!! However, I endured many more hours of misery having launched at 5:30 p.m. sunday and fished on and off until 8:15 am monday morning. We managed a few hits but set hooks on none! We started throwing topwater by mesquite and then switched to worming with the blacklights. Finally at 12:30 am, we crashed until 3:00 am and started up again but to no avail. We finished by throwing topwater with not even a swirl! I did the same thing last weekend and caught only a 3.2 and 2.2 LMB. Is the cold slowing things down or are my methods lacking lately??

serpico

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also, I forgot to mention that we wormed the channel for most of the night. We were casting towards the shore in about 25 ft of water and there seemed to be plenty of fish jumping all night around our boat BUT unfortunately not in the boat!! I' ve always wondered why sometimes you cannot buy a bite when the fish seem to be active like they were last night??

serpico

·
Registered
5,982 Posts
Wow Serpico, you really hit Saguaro hard on Sunday/Monday. You're doing what you have to do (spending time on the water) to catch fish. It will pay off in the long run. I would guess that since the water has cooled down pretty fast, that it has slowed things down for the fish. I know their metabolism slows down. Maybe after the water temperature stablizes it will pick up again. I don't know.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts