Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up an old Johnson Colt a couple of years ago. I used it once on a friends boat.
Today I decided to use it for salmon fishing so I got it out, started it and everything was fine with it. I figured I should replace the plug since I haven't done that yet. I took the screw on top off thinking that was what holds the cover on but that holds the pull start system in place and it came unglued.
I just can't get the top off. How the hell does the top come off this thing?
Also, what hp is this engine???
Thanks.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Great. It doesn't say on it so that's good to know. It doesn't look like it has been used at all. Still the original spark plug and it runs fine.
I did figure out how to get the top off. Turns out, the top doesn't come off. Well, not easily anyway. 6 bolts. The plug is changed from the bottom. The top doesn't contain the engine. It's underneath. The only thing on top is the flywheel and the rope pulley.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Basschump, My old Johnson is not ez to get at right now to look at it numbers. I think the model # will let you know the HP and the year of your motor. I would strongly advise you change the impeller. Good Luck!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts