Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Am looking at a loaded Skeeter boat. Late 90's model. The thing looks cherry. How do you guys feel about the Skeeter hull? Anything you could tell me about Skeeter boats would be appreciated.

And, anybody looking for a sweet 86 Ranger 350v with 150 HP Merc BlackMax, dual depth finders new troller, dual live well, new carpet. Would sell mine to a family member and be able to sleep at night.
Let me know what you think.

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,831 Posts
I had a 96 and was a great boat. You will most certainly note the difference in ride from your ranger. I'm assuming you're referring to the integrity of the skeeter hull? If so, it's very well made. I was quite impressed. It's going to drive very different to your ranger...will take some getting used to.

·
Registered
5,825 Posts
I had a '98 zx202c and it fished very stable and was fast. I did not like the hull design. It was flat and would slide through a turn instead of biting the water. Also beat us to death in rougher water.

·
Registered
5,152 Posts
I had a '98 zx202c and it fished very stable and was fast. I did not like the hull design. It was flat and would slide through a turn instead of biting the water. Also beat us to death in rougher water.
A little late for me know! Thanks Ringer! lol

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
I have a 98 zx185c and I love it to me it does pretty good in rough water drives nice fishes nice. U will most likely be very happy with it

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
i love my 18ft skeeter,pretty fast for a 115 at 47 oaded twelve rods and all my tackle ect..but it does not ride like a ranger it rides rough depend where your trim is,but it also has something to do with your driving

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
I have a 99 zx202c and its a very good boat. There a very fast hull but you will get a little water sprayed on you in rough water.

·
Registered
2,978 Posts
As long as its a post wood year should no issues at all. Not sure when they switched, but my 198? Skeeter Starfire still had wood transom and stringers. Failing to seal transom penetrations will cause one to rot out.

·
Registered
7,248 Posts
fast hull, but hitting three foot rollers or bigger at 50MPH, you'll either come back with a sore lower back or a ruptured testicle or two.:blink:

I still love my Skeeter though! 1997- 185ZX, 150 Yammy on the back.

·
Registered
13,745 Posts
Hi All,

Am looking at a loaded Skeeter boat. Late 90's model. The thing looks cherry. How do you guys feel about the Skeeter hull? Anything you could tell me about Skeeter boats would be appreciated.

And, anybody looking for a sweet 86 Ranger 350v with 150 HP Merc BlackMax, dual depth finders new troller, dual live well, new carpet. Would sell mine to a family member and be able to sleep at night.
Let me know what you think.

Thanks!
Great Hull for what it is.....Skeeters are built very well.....except for the seats, they dont handle rough water as good as a Z21, but with some seat time you will be able to run side by side w/ any boat....tough hull BTW....I have done some insane things on Havasu and Mead and she held up fine...

The Skeeter shines in moderate chop....very fast boat(its not a Bullet or Allison, it's a real Bassboat:hitsfan:)....my ZX225 still is one of the best handling and easy driving hulls on the market today...

+when your fishing they are as stable as they come....you wont rock side-to-side like your in a Champion or Legend:moon:

Check this out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tGhgFpKD8A

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
The Skeeter shines in moderate chop....very fast boat(its not a Bullet or Allison, it's a real Bassboat)
Whats up with the hate? Can't we just all get along.

·
Registered
5,825 Posts
Radar-how does your Bullet fish as far as storage, deck space and stability? How does it do in rough water and the ride in general? I like the hull design but not many are out here. If our business continues to recover I am going to buy another boat next fall and like the 21' Bullets. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
Radar-how does your Bullet fish as far as storage, deck space and stability? How does it do in rough water and the ride in general? I like the hull design but not many are out here. If our business continues to recover I am going to buy another boat next fall and like the 21' Bullets. Thanks.
id say it has as rough of a ride as my skeeter did a couple weekends ago at sag,but we were both full trim:lol: in 2-3 ft waves

·
Registered
6,870 Posts
id say it has as rough of a ride as my skeeter did a couple weekends ago at sag,but we were both full trim in 2-3 ft waves
How would you know, were you using binoculars to see him?

·
Premium Member
34,643 Posts

·
Registered
5,825 Posts
The 21' Bullet hull is around 1300 pounds and a 21' Skeeter is 1900 pounds so I would assume the ride would be different. I have read good things about handling in general and rough water ride being good on the Bullet so guess they are pretty good. The best hull is the Champion IMO if you want great handling and the best in rough water but they won't win any races. I just want to go 5mph faster than Franklin so he can't swamp me at tournaments.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts