Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Posted: Sun Aug 03, 2003 5:14 pm Post subject: Canadian smallmouth

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys, jeez i havent been on for a couple of months or so, but im in need of some great assistance. For one, im now on the border of maine and canada, by a border town by the name of New Brunswick. I am staying on pleasant lake (not lake pleasant in az) and the smallmouth are amazing. The lake has never been stocked, and is full of wild, tough bronzebacks. I have only been using senkos, in which the two days i have been here, i have caught about 15 fish for about 7 hours of fishing. My biggest so far is a 3.5, but none have been less than 2 pounds. I need to know where to fish, and i dont have a gps or depthfinder. Also, are there any secret baits u could help me with to go after a 6-7 pound smallie, which i have a definate chance of catching at this lake. The help would be greatly appreciated, good luck on the water
BUZZ

·
Registered
8,010 Posts
Not knowing, or having a clue, what things are like up that way I can only tell you what one might do here to target a big smallie...try topwaters such as Rico (plug) in shad, chartreuse, or bone colors. Let us know

·
Premium Member
34,659 Posts
4 and 5 inch senkos work great up there from what some of my mold customers say. watermellon and brown are the best.

Also smallies are generally in rocky shoreline but they do hang out in deep water as well, We used to fish for salmon and catch them all the time(columbia river)

Delw

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.