Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's the word on the OPEN? :?: I heard that Delw got his hand caught in one of his cages not hitting anything yesterday. :lol: :lol: :lol: I guess we'll just have to see how he did. I'll bet Denny did well :D Congrats to those who went.

·
Registered
11,707 Posts
Hi Slotking, I couldn't fish it today, but I almost made an exception for "__". If he'd have gone on the IRL, then I was getting called up from the minors.

Denny

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well if I were a betting man i would've bet on you! Better luck next time. thought that I would give Bartlett a shot tomorrow. I hope Delw posts results

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Well me and Delw stuck to our game plan today and produced some nice fish.(They just didnt weigh enough :( ) Had to convince Del since hes wrist was injured that he couldnt park in the handicapped parking spot. After that it was like learning all over agine teaching him to cast with the other hand. ( We still need to work on setting the hook :D ) But did find Del to still be ok to net MY fish....Thanks for a good day Del.....

P.S May have been better off with Da?? Im sure he eats less donutes then Del... :lol:

·
Premium Member
34,643 Posts
Ouch I am already in enough pain.

Well I chickend out going to the ER yesterday(big mistake) I wanted to fish this thing and since my hand was feeling better I thought it would be ok this am(wrong) got bigger and stiffer My hand did.

Absolutely couldnt cast with my right hand or pitch with it. After about 50 practice casts with my left hadnd I was pretty acurate. I looked like a girl throwing a softball. then cried everytime I got a bite trying to set the hook. bad part was when I did get one on trying to set the hook a few nice ones came out at the boat due to my being a wuss with pain.

I guess I Taught Mr. bass well. :wink: he put three in the boat I put the first and the last in the boat.
if my Mechanics were working( as [email protected] waterdog willy's would say) we easly would have had 12+ lbs.
I hooked some nice fish just like monday and tuesday(except I put them in the boat then)

Today Mr. Bass graduated from netman to fisherman :wink:
he did good.

Yes we stuck to the game plan and it paid off . Unnfortunatly I didnt do my part.

There were 170 boats I heard, we had 6.68 I think which was pretty good.

10+ won it
Gurrette and smook (sp) won in the top 4( i believe)
Golfish won $1000 (way to go)

If I can get ahold of the results I will get them posted.

I couldnt stick around I thought my wife was needing me home at 5:30 but it was 5:00 so I met here were she did a volenteer thing with the girl scouts at the peoria safety day. I just got home cause the little ones wants to check out the firetrucks and police cars.

I will try to type later about the tourny when my hand feels better and I can type.

Will say one thing real quick. these boys know how to throw a tourny.

Delw

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
11,707 Posts
6.7 lbs? Pretty darn good if you ask me! I heard it was a pretty tough bite for many teams. And with 170 boats this year, you'll get another chance next year for sure. Just stay away from metal storage cabinets! :p

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
open

Well we stuck to our game plan and for once it worked. Going into it we had one really good spot that we felt we could get a limit off of and hopefully a few quality fish. We also had numerous lesser spots that had produced random good fish over the past few weeks.

At first light we hit our best spot and I got a 2.74 right off the bat. After that we got two more small keepers in the next hour. Things were looking pretty good at 8 oclock. At 12 oclock things weren't looking quite so good. We still had just the three keepers. We decided to hit our honey hole again and pound it into submission until the weigh-in. We ended up getting our limit pretty quickly after returning but we still had 3 small keepers we wanted to cull. With an hour to go I told my partner maybe it was time to really "finesse 'em" considering all the pressure. He laughed and said how can you get more finesse than drop-shotting little robo worms. I dug in my box and came out with some two and half inch leeches and started drop-shotting those. I immediately caught a keeper that culled one of our smaller fish. Then 20 minutes later I caught a two pounder. Going to the weigh in we thought we had about 7 pounds (we hadn't weighed them on the water for fear of finding out they were smaller than we thought).

We ended up with 7.94 pounds good enough for 17th place and 1000 bucks. I missed another 1000 dollar check for big fish by less than an ounce (they paid 7 big fish) -dang it. We were shocked the weights were as low as they were even considering how slow the fishing was. Anyways it was a great day on the water and a very well run tournament (good food, fast weigh-in, and very few jerks). I've never seen that many bass boats in my life -it was amazing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts