Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

It is my belief that somebody who loves fishing, maybe one or more of you on this board, has the sobig email virus.

The reason I think that is that one of my email addresses [email protected] is being overrun with the junk email produced by the sobig virus with other email address related to fishing.

The above address wwinfo address along with other email address are stored in your Microsoft email software and the virus uses those email address to spam everybody. It uses both the to: and the from: addresses.

What can you do to rid yourself of the virus?

1) Get the latest system patches from Microsoft to fix the holes in your system.

2) Get a virus checker and get the latest updates from the virus checker provider and check your system.

G

·
You forgot option 3. and a few more

#3 dont run Windows 2000 or anything above windows 98. (my personal opinion these newer operating systems have to many bugs anyway)
Most of the virus's made are made for 2000, xp and the newer operation systems. The latest one that lots of people got has no effect on windows 98 and windows 95.

#4 While visiting your favorite girly site, dont download the little programs that come in the pop-up window

#5 Dont open any email with attachments even if its someone you know(this is the major spread of virus's). especially .dat or exe files.

#6 Dont open or run any programs when going to websites

#7 Dont have anything on your pc that you can't afford to loose. ie if you do back it up immediatly. cause chances are you say to yourself " oh I got to back this up, but I will do it tomorrow" yup 6 years later that info will still not be backed up.

#8 visiting Kazaa or simaliar sites(warez sites) , you will get virus's so dont open any files that you dont know what they are, and even the ones you think you know what they are contain virus's, this is where a virus protection program is a must(its the only reason I have one on my pc).

Delw

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good point Delw. I don't run Windows I use an obscure operating system called Mac OS X! :D

Anyway, the blaster worm, yet a different virus, explotes all versions of Windows and all you have to do to get that worm is be on the internet.

So.... the only solution is to take responsibility for Microsoft and buy virus checking software and get the Microsoft update that patch their insecure OS! :D

G

·
oh yeah there is #9

#9 Buy a Mac :roll:

Macs dont get virus's like that, thats one nice thing about a mac.

I got a cd full of virus's (just the programs)want me to send you a copy LOL

Delw

1 - 5 of 5 Posts