Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was reading thread, where Champ 204 and Spider Eld were pissing on each others leg, after one told other "I'll be your Huckleberry" I know phrase came from movie Tombstone, so I googled it and came up with several meanings. I'LL bury you---I'll be your undertaker---Stead fast friend---I'm just a little bit better than you-----Or what Dr. Holiday said to Johnny Ringo, "I will play your game".

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
I was reading thread, where Champ 204 and Spider Eld were pissing on each others leg, after one told other "I'll be your Huckleberry" I know phrase came from movie Tombstone, so I googled it and came up with several meanings. I'LL bury you---I'll be your undertaker---Stead fast friend---I'm just a little bit better than you-----Or what Dr. Holiday said to Johnny Ringo, "I will play your game".
yes, but the actual Tombstone quote is "I'm your huckleberry."

(sorry - pet peeve of mine when people screw up movie quotes)

·
Registered
1,865 Posts

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
None of those are correct. A huckleberry way back when was used as an antisthesia(sp?). It can be used in concoctions to stop pain. Ringo was ranting and raving like he was in pain. Thus Doc was saying I'll cure your pain. So I guess "ill burry you" or "be your undertaker" would be somewhat correct because by doing those things that would stop his pain as well because he would be dead. But then that doesn't answer your question because why wouldn't he just say "I'll be your undertaker". Basically as ringo was hollering as if he was in pain .... doc was saying come on over I'll cure what ailes you.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts