Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
11,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

The above is a picture from an actual screen capture from my graph at Saguaro yesterday while spooning for bass. The LMX-16ci graph can record its screen images on a Multi-Media Card (MMC) which I then load into my computer and using software from Lowrance I can play back these screen logs just like viewing a VCR or DVD with PLAY, PAUSE, REWIND buttons. 8)

You can clearly see my spoon going up and down through a school of fish in about 45 feet. I was using a big sweeping action on my spoon to try and get a fish to chase it off the bottom. You can see on the left side of the screen, at point A, where a fish did follow the spoon up and took a look at it on the fall and turned away. I gave it a second lift but it didn't chase it and the fish just swam back into the school. At point B, you can see a second fish follow the spoon up and let it fall right past its "nose".

A couple of minutes later after I had shut off the screen logging feature I stuck a 4lb LM. Wish I had that screen to show you. This was my first attempt at using the screen log feature and I thought you guys would find it interesting. Do you? Would you like to see more of these?

G

·
Wow Da that is way cool. I keep playing with my X-85 but have not seen anything like this. You need some of Boat cops knockers. You could just knock em on the head. :lol:

·
Registered
11,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wayne, Yes you can record your screens with an X-15.

·
Registered
911 Posts
Oh man, now it looks like I need to go out and get one of these tools. Interesting pics DA.

·
Registered
11,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Not the main channel. I guess its a side channel.

·
Registered
6,847 Posts
I would like to see more

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Thanks a lot, I will never be able to look at my x85 again in the same way :oops: would love to see more. ... pete

G

·
This might be stupid, but what am I looking at? I see your spoon and the bass checking it out, but the "blob" on the bottom and in the middle. Is this structure or is it flat and that's the school of bass? Keep these coming. I'd like to see different structures, etc.

·
Registered
11,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The yellow blob on the bottom of the picture is the bottom of the lake. The boat was standing still so there were no depth changes under the boat and the picture shows up as flat. (But,I happened to be parked in a channel which is pretty flat structure anyway.). The orange and blue lines above the yellow bottom are the school of bass. Probably a mixture of yellow bass and LMs.

The only "blob" I see in the middle is the arch on the right hand side. That's a fish swimming by. Was that what you were referring to?

I'll keep your idea about showing different structures in mind.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Wow, Denny! That was fantastic! I think you have a great idea for a BassWest magazine article. How about gracing the pages with another article from a fine author like you? I now have a subscription so maybe I can have an autographed issue?

Seriously, that really was great and I'm looking forward to more pictures. I've never seen the lure on the graph and have always been envious of you guys with decent graphs. I hate my huminjunk. Well, I don't hate it. It's adequate, but it's no Eagle or Lowrance.

Keep up the great work!

·
Registered
518 Posts
Denny, you sure you ain't some kind of rocket scientist :shock: WOW that is cool. How bout letting me crawl under your boat in the parking lot ( I bet you could figure how to do a cat-scan ) and save me trip to the doctor :p

·
Registered
5,982 Posts
Denny, that is really really cool. Yes, more would be great. Keep it coming. I find it very interesting. Great insight on your part too. You have my vote for "Rocket Scientist of the Year." 8)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts