Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2 daughters got a taste of fishing and I have dropped easily over $500 on tackle, rods, reels, and what not over the past two months. Today I picked up some baby brush hogs and some critter craws as recommended by another post on here as well as a couple cast masters.....well I had ALL my tackle with me tonight at butcher jones fishing dock...and me and my 8 yr old daughter got cornered on the dock by a skunk (there were three bags of trash on the entrance to the dock that it got attracted to) and it freaking sprayed me! We decided to fish sunset and into the night and the bugger got me.

After puking twice and bathing in vinegar I don't smell as bad anymore but is my tackle ruined?

My car is another story...been trying to trade it in...there is no way a dealer is gonna take it the way it smells. And I am not sure my daughter will ever want to fish again.

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
Use tomato juice! Back in the Midwest where these occurrences are quite common, the acidity in tomato's works quite well. As for the car, I believe you can use a pet odor eliminating spray. The type for cat litter boxes and/or dogs that aren't yet house broken.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Use tomato juice! Back in the Midwest where these occurrences are quite common, the acidity in tomato's works quite well. As for the car, I believe you can use a pet odor eliminating spray. The type for cat litter boxes and/or dogs that aren't yet house broken.
So Vinegar worked good on me (same acidic idea) but do I wash all my tackle in Vinegar/Tom juice? Or do the fish have a greater sense of smell and would they be able to smell it??

·
Premium Member
34,643 Posts

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
:eek: Can't hurt to try the baits, I guess. Try using a strong scent on the baits like Lunker Sauce Crawlic. That %h%$ is potent, too. I have a feeling that this will be a story you talk about for years w/ your daughter and have a lot of laughs over, but for now, it just sucks. Good luck.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
LMAO dude sorry but that is some funny shit. your 8 year old will have stories to tell the rest of her life.
she will wanna go fishing again except she will be on the look out. Little girls love shit like that when its all done and said.

just you puking twice made her day you just dont realize it yet.

If not I got morbid kids.
I am laughing about it now, but I was pissed as hell when it happened! And pretty much the whole way home...it ruined my cigar too!

I dont know about the me puking twice making her day...she was crying on the way home it smelled so bad....lol

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
I am laughing about it now, but I was pissed as hell when it happened! And pretty much the whole way home...it ruined my cigar too!

I dont know about the me puking twice making her day...she was crying on the way home it smelled so bad....lol
:Iconrotfl we see em everyweekend at the ramp,funny watchn 6 drunks mess with them when were gettn the skeeter ready

·
Premium Member
34,643 Posts

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
Use the tomato juice on your equipment, then rinse thoroughly. The vinegar will act as a drying agent an could possibly ruin certain items.

·
Registered
74 Posts
My dog got sprayed at Table Mesa Road 2 yrs ago at least. When she gets wet I can still smell skunk in the heavy fur under her neck. Massengill took 90% of the smell away after a couple of baths. I read this on the internet and tried it It worked. The smell over there was so strong 4 or 5 other campers left , also. I did throw my tent away.

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
I agree with Delw, its funnier than hell but sucks...That probably happens to 1 in 10000 people...I think your daughter will laugh about this for years with you when she gets older...She will never forget it. Just get her catching a few fish next time out and she will love it.. Since skeeterboy knows everything maybe he will take you and your daughter out one time to get her hooked....

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
I was cornered by a skunk on the Rattle Snake Cove dock one night last fall. Luckily I was able to scare it off by tossing shit from my tackle bag at it. Sorry you were not so lucky... Funny story though! I agree with Del, your Daughter willl remember this for a long time and I am sure she'll want to go fishing with you again.

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Damn! Sounds like a major hassle! Well, if I should ever get cornered on a dock by a skunk, sounds like jumping in the lake is by far the best option.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts