Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They are not as big but they are a heck of a lot easier to catch and less pressured. All the people up there prefer trout. Most of the bass lakes up there that I fish in the south east corner and the north east corner of Utah... you can expect to catch 15-30 bass in half a day fishing average. Occasionally you have a bad day and only get a few but that is rare. One day this summer, my brother-in-law and I caught and released over 100 small mouth bass in a full day. The fish average probably a couple of pounds but you can expect 1 out of every five to go 5-6 pounds. Idaho and Utah are starting to manage more lakes for warm water fishing and for bigger bass fishing. And the fish don't spawn until later, so you can hit the spawn here in March/April and then hit it up there in May/June. Lakes get really weedy once July hits and you have to start flipping weedbeds.

G

·
NudeDude.
we use to hit the snake river alot and lake cour de lane. I heard the eastern side of the state on the pan handle has some huge smallies 4-6 lbs.
We always caught the bass by accident mainly fly fishing for gaybass.

Delw

G

·
Brownlee Reservoir, Ririe and the Snake River downstream from Twin Falls area has a lot of smallies and some good sized ones. And like you said, the cool thing is very few people fish for them compared to the trout.

np

1 - 3 of 3 Posts