Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm looking into getting a new spinning rod to brush up on my finesse approach and I need some advice on what to get.
I've already decided to get a Quantum Tour Edition PTiB Spinning Reel and I'm looking to spend somewhere in the $100 range for my rod.
So far I like the Falcon Bucoo and St. Croix Mojo Lineups. Still not sure what length or action. Any advice is appreciated.

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
6'6" Med in fast or extra fast action is robably the best all around spinning rod...

The Mojo's are good rods and the only reason they are cheap is that they are assembled outside of the US. Don't know about the Falcon. You might look at a Loomis GL2 also...a little more money, but there is a reason they have the reputation they do.

·
Registered
936 Posts
I do like the Quantum spinning reels...they are smooth as heck. I have about 5 of them but would love to trade all of them for new Shimano Stradic CI 4. Those are one sweet reel and light as heck! If you can't spend that much, go with the Shimano Stradic or Saros.

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
The stradic CI4 is cheaper than the reel he already picked out

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
For a spinning rod that you are using for finnese fishing get nothing less than 7'. A 6'6" rod is best suited for small cranks and jerkbaits. With finnese fishing you need a xfast tip thats very soft. I would go Medium or Medium light. Brand is really up to your pocket book. I havent held the Falcon Bucoo but I can say that the Mojos are a waste of time. I agree that the Quantum is very heavy so consider that when buying your finnese setup. You only need a size 30 at the most. Hope this helps

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the advice... I was looking at those new Shimano Stradic CI4's and they are sweet just didn't know much about them.

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Quantum's have nice drags and handle line well, but there durability is not great and their customer service will never come close to Shimano. Buy the Stradic. As far as spinning rods, I prefer the Crucial or Avids. You may also want to check out the Lucky craft rods at the Hook Up.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
shimano crucial is only round 150 ish and i like it alot. not a loomis but not the same thing anyway. i agree on the length though, i wouldn't go less than 7'. med. with extra fast tip works great for d.s. and shaky and flick shake. sweep to set the hook the rod does the rest. they have a good back bone. i also like the falcon, its what i used to use.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts