AZBZ Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have always used spinning reels. It seems like the trend the last several years, maybe longer (I don't know), among the pros or really serious fisherman has been to use casting reels. Is this really the trend? Are there advantages to using casting reels? Are there certain times to use one or the other? How do they compare in performance? Thanks for the info!

JasonD

·
Premium Member
34,643 Posts
Jason, Ive always used spinning reels until I started bass fishing(used a few bait casters for steelhead an salmon)

With a bait caster I get more accurate placement of my bait when pitching.
I can use heavier line as well.
They are small and compact and have a nicer feel when burning a bait in or fighting a fish.

But the whole key is you have to get good ones or you wont be happy with them.

I would say a curado at the min for the shimano line. You get a curado and you will be very happy with a baitcaster once you get used to it.

Spinning reels do have there place though.

Delw

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Premium Member
34,643 Posts

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
to answer your ? I prefer baitcasters to spinning. Ithink the trick is to get used to the difference. ...Pete
Dropshotting is a different tale.

·
Captain McSh*tty
9,811 Posts
reels

I think a spinning setup in deep water (when NOT fishing vertical)is a better bet, since you dont have to strip line off. They both have their places.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts