Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't decide how I feel about the "no dead fish" rule in the "Open". On one hand I agree that it might help deter cheaters. On the other hand, I wonder what people did when they had a limit and a fish died. My guess is that a lot of people just threw the dead fish back and replaced it with a live one. If this is the case, the "no dead fish" rule might have actually increased the number of fish killed in the tournament. Just a thought.

We were lucky -all our fish stayed alive throughout the day -including our biggest that was caught from deep water in the first 10 minutes of the tournament. I was worried at first because he was floating in the well and it was 8 hours till the weigh-in. Then we fizzed him and he was happy the rest of the day.

From another perspective, the "no dead fish" rule probably helped in that it kept any dead fish out of the public eye.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Carp.

I know what you mean. When John Coppock told me about this I was inbetween likeing it and not likeing it for the same reasons as you.

However I did see alot of people continually check there fish(which people normally dont), so maybe it was a good thing.

WTG on the $1000

Delw

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Well,the rules at the OPEN,said that you can bring in the dead fish,you just can't weigh it.They will dispose of it for you or you can take it home.No one said to "throw it back".You can only have the 5 fish limit of "live" fish in your well at one time.Thanks for "fizzing" your fish,I wish more anglers would take the time to learn to "fizz".

·
Registered
766 Posts
No dead fish rule is a good thing for the resource and our sport.

I have weighed dead fish due to both damage to the fish and not paying attention to my livewells. Sometimes fish just die those are the breaks. When I don't care for my fish that and they die, that is my fault and I should pay.

But, I've also seen people bring in dead fish, more that one, everytime they fish a tournament. This type of rule will address the people who don't take care of the fish.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts