Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
34,643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have you guys ever foul hooked alot of fish while spooning?
yesterday kurt and I foul hooked over 50% of the fish while spooning including carp, crappy and both small mouth and largemouth.

Also we caught crappy, carp and bass all on the same spot with in a 5 foot spot I didnt know they all hung out together. Your catching rat bass then all of a sudden you get a toad on only to be a carp.

Now for another question if you foul hook a bass while spooning I am under the understanding you have to release it.

Kinda sucks when you have to release a 12" fish on a slot lake we were able to put fish in the boat that we didnt foul hook, well one could have been a little bigger but I wasnt sure if it was legal due to being foul hooked so I tossed it.

So can you weigh-in those foul hooked fish or not? If we could have it would of made a difference of a few oz's which would have put us up a few more places.

Delw

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
5,343 Posts
If it aint in any part of the mouth it has to go back. and i foul hooked alot too, i think they go to look at the spoon and all of a sudden it gets jerked into its body

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Now if you foul hook a bunch of fish,does that mean you might want to try and down size the spoon? Does or would that help?

G

·
I am not sure about the State Laws, particular Tournament rules or how it applies to Spoons themselves but I was always under the impression that foul-hooking a fish while fishing in a conventional manner may be retained as part of the legal limit and that if a fish swipes at your lure and gets foul hooked it can be kept. Here is the meaning that I found of “foul Hooked” in this sense (non Intentional) and a quote from a long time B.A.S.S. Guy.

"Foul hooked," a circumstance in which fish are inadvertently snagged in body areas other than the mouth by conventional lures while being legally pursued by normal fishing methods;

If you are site or bed fishing, foul hooked bass are not considered a legal catch, the hook must be in the mouth with the hook point entering from inside the mouth. If you are fishing a suspending bait, crankbaits or anything like that, then the catch is considered legal by tournament standards. This has been my understanding with following B.A.S.S. rules for the last 18 years

G

·
Rackman thanks for the clarification.

I read the won bass rules and the everstart rules and they say the same thing, plus a buddy called me and said he saw my post and told me what he thought(same as you posted), then the old Punk called me and said the same thing.

Delw

G

·
ask Dan about my CRAZY EYES spoon.....if he can stop laughing for at least a minute, he might give away a few of my secrets! :lol:

G

·
Yea...Jason is one sick puppy....See, he decided to take the "Eyes" off of one of his favorite Cabbage Patch Dolls and glue them onto various baits to try and gain some kind of competitive edge....The best one was the 1/2 oz Rattletrap with "Eyes" the size of a Sasquatch's.....The dude needs some therapy............ "Hi my name is Jason R and I am a Bassaholic"

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Thats too funny :lol: Guess it didnt help much at Rosy...but like any baits,theres a time and place for everything.

·
Captain McSh*tty
9,811 Posts
I just get carried away sometimes. I would have laughed if a fish ate it though.

·
Captain McSh*tty
9,811 Posts
No, they are eyes intended to be used on dolls...but I just slapped them on my baits instead. I dont have any dolls...well one, but its an inflatable one....i use it as a life jacket in tourneys.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts