Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tooks the kids to the canal on Ray just east of cooper.First fish for the 7 year old was a 2 lb LM, I then proceeded to give a lecture about laying your pole on the ground and how a fish will yank it in the water, then as I was rebaiting his line I set mine across the stroller with the 15 month old in it and then watched as it went flying into the canal!(the pole not the kid) I was able to snag it with my 3 year olds pole and then reeled in a 4 or 5 lb "tilapia"?It looked like a Crappie on steroids. the 3 year old got a 10 lb carp and both boys caught several between 2 and 7 LBs. all on nightcrawlers. saw lots of big carp and amurs. nice day out wish I could have taken the boat out to the lake.

Canal Commander

·
Registered
393 Posts
Isn't the canal great! When I can't get to the lake I just take a pole and go to the canal. I catch mostly carp but sometimes anything tugging a line is alright. And the tilapia, I caught a 3 lber the other day that felt like a 5 lb lmb. I can imagine your 5 was alot of fun.
Mike

·
Registered
330 Posts
I was going to suggest that you put rod holders on the stroller, but a big carp could take it for a ride, that could be dangerous.

·
Registered
4,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Pops It was even funner trying to snag that pole out of the water with the fish on the other end! I had considered rod holders on the stroller but gave up the idea just for that reason! maybe I could take my anchor along and tie it to the stroller? lol

1 - 4 of 4 Posts