Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey evrybody, I'm having starter problems on my 1994 Mariner 115hp

Sometimes the bendex won't engage, and when it does engage the starter seems to drag quite a bit but it has always started. Until this morning :x :x I installed a brand new 685 cold cranking amps battery yesterday. Then this morning when it would'nt turn the starter over I changed the cables over to my 825 ccamps trolling battery and it still dragged pretty hard. Both batteries were at full charge and brand new. My question is does anyone have a starter for sale or does anyone have any info on were to take and have this one rebuilt if possible. Might even need info on best place to buy a new one. THANKS

G

·
Try GenStar In Glendale. They rebuild starters and alternaters, Automotive and Marine. 6832 N 63 ave 623 939-2202

·
Premium Member
34,643 Posts

·
Registered
637 Posts
starter rebuilder

There is a place in mesa on broadway just west of mesa drive. It is on the south side behind a small strip mall. There is a small garage on the same street. If you pass the country club over passs you went too far. I think the name is Genstar? They are a wholesaler and usually don't deal with the public. No problem when I took mine in and asked. Only $80. Tempe Marine wanted $140 and the ladie at Tempe accidentally told me that is where they take it. They want cash no checks or charge. I have not had any problems since and mine was acting up the same as yours. Good luck

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks everyone.......since I live in east Mesa I'll try the place on broadway first 8)

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
Are you sure your starter is bad? Maybe some bolts are loose and it isn't running true. If not, as long as you will be taking it out to match it, try bench test. If it doesn't work there, have a nice ride to the repair shop.
Just a thought. Dave.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts