Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys and Gals not sure how many of you are aware of what Arizona State Parks is trying to do to us now. They want to increase their fee's yet again with the economy the way it is. They are holding public meetings to get our imput. Yes i know what we think probably won' matter with the way government works, but its worth a shot. Below is a list of when the public meetings are. If you can make it please do so. One of the things they want to do is eliminate the annual pass and increase the daily fee's. For example up here in Havasu they want to increase day use to $15 from $10. If they do that and eliminate the annual pass going to the water is going to get real expensive.

10/01/09: Eastern Region: 6-7 pm at Catalina State Park, 11570 N. Oracle Rd. Tucson, AZ 85737, (520) 628-5798

10/01/09: Northern Region: 6-7 pm at Verde River Greenway, 2011-A Kestrel Rd., Cottonwood, AZ 86326, (928) 639-2962

10/02/09: Phoenix Area: 5:30-6:30 pm at Burton Barr Library, 1221 N. Central Ave., Phoenix, AZ 85004, (602) 542-6994

10/05/09: Western Region: 6-7 pm at Water Safety Center, 1801 Highway 95, Lake Havasu City, AZ 86406, (928) 580-6527

·
Undergoing attitude adjustment
1,806 Posts
i just found out last week that they want to charge us 10.00 now for day use at patty its bs im gonna buy the annual pass cause its cheaper than paying everytime i go to patty.:mad:

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not if they eliminate the annual pass you won't be. That is one of the big things they are pushing for.

·
Undergoing attitude adjustment
1,806 Posts
Not if they eliminate the annual pass you won't be. That is one of the big things they are pushing for.

thats bs im so sick of this shit you cant do anything without it chargeing you tons of money.:mad:

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Maybe they shoud stick their hand out to the White House for some sharing of the wealth instead of asking us to bail them out. Would also be nice to really know where our money goes now that we pay and they spend. I sure can't see it at the lakes. Restrooms dirty, trash full, trash around the ramps, walkways and dock in need of repair just to list a few observations. Maybe they should do more than just pitch out a lawn chair at the ramp and read a book and write tickets to some of the real dumb asses on the ramps. IMHO

·
Registered
3,831 Posts
Look at the date and time for the meeting in Phoenix.....tomorrow (Friday) at 5:30. OBVIOUSLY they want maximum attendance. Who the hell in their right mind schedules a meeting at 5:30 on Friday afternoon????

1 - 7 of 7 Posts