Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In today's Northwest Valley News (a local Peoria paper) there are a couple of articles about people who scuba dive regulary at Pleasant. There is a small, not terribly clear, photo of what they say is a bass estimated to be bigger than the current state record. The photo was taken by one of the divers who likes to photograph fish. I'd post a link but this small paper does not seem to have a website. One of the divers mentioned in the article works as a ranger at the Desert Outdoor Center, where our school takes our kids on a field trip each year. He has said that he has seen a handful of fish during dives in the past couple of years that would break the state record and that there are still more big bass in there than people may think. They must just be harder to catch due to the intense fishing pressure. Just thought it was interesting.

·
Premium Member
34,643 Posts
Nude dude That doesnt suprise me. the lake is a very big lake and alot of places dont get fished at all( the deep places).

The lake definatly gets tons of pressure.

I bet they would find the same thing over at sag. and canyon maybe even all the lakes, there are definatly more big fish than we see or catch...
Ken saw a monster fsh last year at sag. says it was the biggest he has ever seen.

I wonder how many people will hammer that lake even more since the paper came out?

Delw

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

G

·
big one at Pleasant

Yeah I saw that big bass too.....It was about 6 feet long...I only drank about 2 cases of bud so I know it was real!!!

·
Captain McSh*tty
9,811 Posts
See everyone, you all (for DELW its Y'all) think Pleasant has no more big bass...it is just that you all (For DELW its Y'all) havent latched into them. They are out there, I promise you. Just use a 10" worm in 60' of water off of the nearest island(make sure it plows thru structure)...I need a damn boat!
Jason

·
Registered
11,680 Posts
Maybe someone could scan that article and send the picture to Delw? I also wonder what Scott Bryan (AZGFD) thinks of the article.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
I read the article this morning. Picture was really bad. Was kind of interesting though.

Del,

Let me know if you want the article. I can drop it off.

SteveM

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The article actually does not talk too much about fish. It talks about diving and all the crap that divers find on the bottom of the lake. The only mention of big state record sized fish is the caption under the picture. There are a couple of other places where it mentions that divers see and photograph fish but no details on the fish. The bit about seeing several state record sized fish and other large bass was something the ranger/diver said while my school was out there. The article did mention divers playing tug of war with bass with a rubber worm. I didn't think you could swim that close to one. Turns out they do have a website, but the last paper they have online is Aug. 8th. This paper was Aug 15. Maybe soon they will post it. www.northwestvalleynews.com

·
Registered
5,343 Posts
we dive this lake all the time, you would be amazed what is in there. there is no shortage of big fish in the lake. the problem is there is so much food in the lake for them to eat they do not have to move to feed. the food comes to them. the chances of you throwing a lure to the fish is very slim. the shad bloom in our lakes will go down and the fish will have to start hunting again. as for the fear factor of the fish underwater there is none as long as you do not try and touch them. i have seen them as close as 12 inches and they do not move unless you try and touch them.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
That would make for some cool pics for Nightcrawler's page! What about Volkswagon sized catfish??? :wink: J/K.

·
Registered
5,343 Posts
Never seen one of those, i think that is an urban myth. have seen them around 70 to 80 pounds.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts