Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a great exampel about how good the fishing can be during a storm front. I went fishing in a local pond yesterday and caught 20 bass in 45 min including a 8+ bass that i lost. Thats more bass than ive ever caught there. Then they abruptly stopped biting when the berometer level stopped dropping. All the fish were caught on topwater, even when I cast into the deep, they would still come up and hit it. After that 45 min of non stop action, I continued to fish for another hour without a single hit. If you ever look out the window and see a storm coming, GO FISHING!!! Even if you only have an hour to spare, it just might be the best hour of fishing you ever had.

·
Registered
5,982 Posts
Great catch Trophy Hunter, especially for being so close to home. WTG! Thanks for the report. :)

G

·
not to rain on your parade, because it sounds like it was a great trip, but chances are if it was a private pond and you caught and released 20 fish in 45 minutes the bite shut off not only because the barometer stopped, but also because the fish got spooked. Same thing happens when you are fishing a lake and come across a school. If you catch a bunch of fish and throw them back after a bit they stop biting or if you are putting them in the livewell and you lose a fish the bite will slow down.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes that may be why I stopped catching fish, I wont argue with you about that. But, I fish there every other day and have never caught that many fish. I beleive the reason i caught so many fish was because of the storm front, bill dance always talks about how good the fishing can be during them. I now think that you are probly right, the caught fish probly did turn off the others. But the fishing wasnt good because of a school, i was fishing all around the pond not just in one spot. The reason it was good fishing was because of the drop in barometric pressure.

G

·
Pond?

Which pond are you fishing at Trophy Hunter. I live in the Scottsdale area and would love to know. I know of a few honey holes around here that I could share with you. Let me know.

G

·
trophy your right, the reason it was good was because of the drop in barometric preasure. anytime you have a change in barometric preasure the bite gets better. I was more referring to the reason they shut off.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok guest, now i understand you. Young Bassmaster, The place really isnt all that great, i have never caught a bass bigger than 1.5 pounds. there is that one huge one, but i dont think there is too many more like him. If you give me your email, i will tell you wher it is, and some other favorites.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts