Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Captain McSh*tty
9,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey fellers....I have a few SK cranks (All of them are series 5) that have expanded and are unfishable, it happened with them just sitting in my fishing room. Anyone have this problem? No other brand of baits I own have done this, and it isnt that hot in there. Weird. They are un-useable though, should I mail them back to SK with a nice letter explaining what is wrong and ask for replacement? I'm out like 40 bucks with the ones I have found so far, and I know there are more.

·
Registered
8,424 Posts
I had the same issue with a few other baits. A couple DLN recently did this, both had the same pattern. The a few high dollar topwater baits also did this. These baits had the foil patterns on them and as you said expanded. Now the solid colors on those same topwater baits have never had any problems, just the ones covered in a foil finish. and all of them were in my house in my fishing room.

·
Registered
185 Posts
If you go to the web site then click on the forums section, they have a staff member that can answer your questions for you. I can tell you first hand they want a receipt of the items your sending them.

·
Registered
337 Posts
I fish these alot and had the same issues with some colors but not others. I just took them back to bass pro where i got them. They tried to tell me i left them in the sun so I went back out and got my bag and it has over 100 baits in their and no other baits where like these and they let me exchange them. So yes I think its a bad batch of lures and someone missed a step in their process. Its only happen a few times with only certain colors so I would call them or take them back to the store you bought them they should take care of you.

·
Captain McSh*tty
9,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Damn now I gotta show proof of purchase? It is weird they are only the series 5, all bought in the same batch, different colors. I may have the receipt laying around somewhere.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
I SO want a fishing room. And a gun room.:cry:

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Never been a fan of SK cranks. Their quality and workmanship are well below par IMO.

·
Captain McSh*tty
9,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I catch an assload of fish on them though, so I put up with them. Like I said, the 5 series is my only prob. Guys if the same thing happens (got this off their site) mail them to:
Chris Brown
Consumer Relations
466 Washington St
Collierville, TN 38017

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
I catch an assload of fish on them though, so I put up with them. Like I said, the 5 series is my only prob. Guys if the same thing happens (got this off their site) mail them to:
Chris Brown
Consumer Relations
466 Washington St
Collierville, TN 38017
Hey CPT MC Shitty. Have you tried to fish em yet.Maybe you could be onto there secret that only the pros know. All of the returned baits get dished out to KVD and hes killing them on the EXP Series 5. JMO

·
Captain McSh*tty
9,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yeah I have, they sink like a rock and a wadded up piece of paper on a trebble hook has more action.

·
Registered
674 Posts
I had a series 5 that would litteraly do circles when i reel it in. I tried bending the D-loop back and forth and nothing fixed it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts