Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently saw and visited a 1982 18ft Sunset Center Console in prime condition, the hull is solid and super wide. only thing is, I cant find anything about this boat company, only thing I found was that the previous boat name was K-Craft manufactured in Phoeninx back in the 80's. Does anyone know anything about these boats? it looks and feels solid when we went for a spin. Thanks for any info!

Attachments

·
Registered
5,825 Posts
They used to build them on University near 40th street. I knew a guy who owned one and they are a great hull and take rough water well. They used them as LE boats on the lakes for years if I remember right so Boatcop might know more. They were not a cheap boat to buy.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the info, any reason why the company is not in business? im assuming its not becasue of the quality, but the cost.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
29 years old? Boat and trailer look new.... Something odd about this 1st post. Was it kept in the house hermetically sealed???

·
Registered
115 Posts
I beleave k-Craft's were manufactured here in Phoenix, Frank knoell of Knoell homes
either designed them or had Searay design and build them to his specs. He wanted
a good rough water boat that looked good and could run up Lake Powel. Back in the 70's
no one was building one like it. There were several different models, the sheriff's dep.
was using them back then . They were built good, use to go out in my neighbor's ski
boat back then. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
5,343 Posts
We used them for years in the IO version, Game and Fish still have some in service. good boat well built and could handle rough water. never heard or seen one that rotted or glass fractures. they are still in demand. alot of the buey tenders love them as they were a very stable platform.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you all for the info. Believe it or not, it is an 1982 well kept and maintained by an old timer. Everything has been re-done including trailer!

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
A friend of my family owned one, its a great boat for a family and pretty good to fish out of. Lots of room, lots of storage, very stabil

·
Registered
556 Posts
Thank you all for the info. Believe it or not, it is an 1982 well kept and maintained by an old timer. Everything has been re-done including trailer!
You know, I THOUGHT an old man owned that boat, judging by that block wall it looked like an old person's house at least. And those old timers sure can maintain their stuff. Nothing like finding an original 70's caddy with 20K miles and simply pristine.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts