Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
7,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a Halloween question. On a super spook, do you use a split ring on the front or do you direct tie? Thanks in advance! :D

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Tie direct
Joe C

·
Registered
5,982 Posts
I tie direct. I get better walk-the-dog action tying directly to the screw eye.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Man, at first I used to tie direct to all of my walking baits. After having people tell me that I'd get more action by adding split rings to my baits. It seems like everyone is split on this. I guess I'll just have experiment on my own and find which on suits me best. Josh

·
Captain McSh*tty
9,811 Posts
I tie a granny knot to the eye of the back hook and wonder why the hell its not working right....keeps me busy during a long day on the water!

·
Captain McSh*tty
9,811 Posts
I have a few super sppoks, and I dont think they are too super. They dont walk like I wish they would and the rattle I think is a bit too much. I have a way to modify a spook that increases the hookup ratio AND rattles, but its a softer rattle.

G

·
Jack

None of the above makes a difference, experiment and use what you have the most confidence in. Trial and error is the best teaching method.

2Dogs

·
Registered
4,166 Posts
Well 2dogs I appreciate the advice but how did I get involved with this? :? :lol: ...If a bait comes with a split ring on it I generally will use it that way.

·
Registered
7,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Jim, I was thinking big spook, big fish! I'm crazy!

G

·
Sorry about that Ned 02, I realized after the fact it was Rookie Boy. Spooks and super spooks don't come with a split ring. Not talking about basic crank baits that come with split rings. I'd never recommend someone take a split riing off a crank bait. Again sorry for the wrong name.

2Dogs

·
Registered
8,008 Posts
I'm inclined to think big Spook - big fish! The Super is what Joe O throws all the time. You gotta remember anyone throwing any sort of Spook shouldn't be throwing it if you're after numbers - should you get hammered it'll most likely be a pretty sweet fish.

G

·
Thanks Bayou! That's exactly what I'm thinking. One or two nice fish would definately make my day! I wouldn't throw them at Pleasant, I would wrap one around a tree every other cast for sure and Wayne would be teed off at me. Maybe over the grassy areas at Saguaro and by the reeds.

·
Registered
7,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
sorry the above post was from me :oops:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts