Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone read this article about John Murray's techniques? I apologize if you all have already talked about this - I've been a little busy climbing walls (JACK!) - just refer me to the thread. If not, then what are your thoughts about the 40'+ bass? I've been using spoons and a couple other things. I'm still very much a beginner and this is the first real winter fishing I've tried out. So tell me, is anyone using the jigs or dropshot in that depth? And how are you doing?

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Del, on the ds, what distance is your weight from the hook? What # line are you using? When you get them that deep, what's the best way to bring them up so as not end up killing the fish? BTW, I need some more weights!

·
Premium Member
34,643 Posts
the distance verys for me from 4" -12" between hook and weight.

There is no safe way to bring them up from that depth, if your going to fish that deep expect casualities. if you dont want them to die dont fish that deep(not all will die) but the chance of them dieing are alot more.

I use 4lb and 6 lb floroclear for all my dropshotting.
I tried the fire line but not happy with it as of yet so I took it off. Da use's it and likes it.

Delw

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The Pro's Pointers article - pg 102 in Jan 2004 issue. Article on winter smallmouth too - don't know how it fits AZ but I hear there was ice at Canyon yesterday. LOL

·
Registered
11,707 Posts
Please excuse us guys that don't have the benefit of women's intuition. WHICH MAGAZINE for cryin' out lout!!

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
One, kind of forgotten, technique we used for years for fishing deep is using what we called 1 ton (1 ounce) jigs. We used to dress the jig with a Garland Spider skirt and a twin tail grub in either smoke or root beer colors. We would free spool the jig to the bottom and keep in contact with the structure with very suttle lifts and drops. With mono it was mostly a light pressure bite, but with my 14/6 Fireline, I usually felt a tap. Yamamoto spider rigs would work outstanding on the 1 ton jigs. ......Art

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
:lol: :lol: :lol: Figured out which magazine yet? Bassmaster. Thought I put that in the original post. I love being blonde! :roll:

Thanks for the info Art!

·
Captain McSh*tty
9,811 Posts
We all know spider jigs dont work! 8)

The one ton jig banging technique will still put them in the boat!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts