Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
wtf is the point of this? he might as well throw out casting nets. Isn't the fun of fishing spending time reeling in a fish? Well, that's what I enjoy.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
That is stupid as shit. Where's the fun in that? You don't even get to reel it in, you just lift it over and unhook. Reminds me of how I see kids fishing at urban lakes.

·
Registered
410 Posts
That is stupid as shit. Where's the fun in that? You don't even get to reel it in, you just lift it over and unhook. Reminds me of how I see kids fishing at urban lakes.
Yeah unless u don't have to reel in a 10 pounder

·
Registered
192 Posts
would have been worth the time to watch it if he had a power rangers pole...

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
I think its cool. When I was pike fishing in MINN we did the same thing when we had a folllower to the boat. Id make figure eights and slam em. Ive also done it the ocean with Dorado. You cant tell me you wouldnt be at the edge of your seat if that were you in that dinghy. Florida, alligators, and big as bass...please

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
wtf is the point of this? he might as well throw out casting nets. Isn't the fun of fishing spending time reeling in a fish? Well, that's what I enjoy.
Actually for me the best part of buzzbait fishing is the blowups. I tossed buzzers all mourning at lake mary and caught very few fish (cuz most were small) but I could not put it down. We were laughing are asses off, having blast watching those little pike just hammer the buzzbaits. But thats just me.

It's an interesting way he came up with (not that others haven't done it before) to keep his bait in the strike zone. My hats off to him. What you guys have to bash it cuz you didn't come up with it or something?

Personally I would try a normal casting method first, but if I saw someone getting lots of strikes like that,,.... chit... I'd do it! I've never been one thats too proud to catch fish. But thats just me!

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
The best comment on the screen was, " perfectly clear, tea colored water." WTF? I guess that means all AZ lakes are clear water lakes. HA!

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
Strikes at the boat or doing a couple figure eights for followers is something we all have done. My hat is off to that guy for going out of the box and attempting something new. Keep in mind that he has perfect control of his bait!! No short casts and he is totally enticing the lethargic bass to strike. You guys need to just rethink your strategy sometimes and GET OUT OF THE NORMAL ROUTINES you have acquired!!! Hey Larry all forked up (Take note of this guy!!) Ron

·
Registered
3,663 Posts
I think that is great. I was a kid in California when Dee Thomas first brought out the Flipping stick and many said the same thing...I like to fight the fish. I think we all know that we like the fish in the boat more than anything, you can say you just like the fight but its second to a picture of that baby in your hand.

When Dee first started people thought why would you fish bass with twenty pound test, takes the fun out of it. IF you could win a tourney with it Loomis will soon have a sweeping rod.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I think that is great. I was a kid in California when Dee Thomas first brought out the Flipping stick and many said the same thing...I like to fight the fish. I think we all know that we like the fish in the boat more than anything, you can say you just like the fight but its second to a picture of that baby in your hand.

When Dee first started people thought why would you fish bass with twenty pound test, takes the fun out of it. IF you could win a tourney with it Loomis will soon have a sweeping rod.

Your right about Dee, and I wonder what Loomis's return policy would be about a tip broken on strike by a 10 lb fish?

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
GET OUT OF THE NORMAL ROUTINES you have acquired!!! (Take note of this guy!!) Ron
Why? I have a great time when I go out fishing, why do I need to change that? Even if I was loading fish in the boat using this technique, I can say that I have a pretty good time when I get to REEL the fish in. Changing techniques to have less fun? Probably not.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
HAHA, "sweeping rod" lol.

To some of you: we just need to remember that there are (even within bass) people on here with different motives, the MAIN divisions are competetive, and non-competetive. So, sometimes different people are looking at things from different persectives.

FISH ON!

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
HAHA, "sweeping rod" lol.

To some of you: we just need to remember that there are (even within bass) people on here with different motives, the MAIN divisions are competetive, and non-competetive. So, sometimes different people are looking at things from different persectives.

FISH ON!
Good point BB Nitro.
IMHO, there's no difference between "sweeping" or "flipping" a fish, if the argument is brought up of how much fun could it be if you don't get to fight it? With both techniques the fish are yanked into the boat with no cranking. This "sweeping" looks like a blast! One of my most memorable trips was "dipping" with a 14ft pole at Carlos in the spring for crappie in the bushes about 8 years ago. No cranking involved on that trip.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts