Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dinks loved the Shad @ Canyon today. Fishing really tough due to weekend traffic. Came home and tried a Bluegill pattern. It needs a lateral line but swam great and looked good in the pool. Who is shooting doves Tues.? If you have a great spot I have the yellow that gets the job done. Been training gun dogs for 30 years.

Don:)

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Still needs to bigger. I would also try a flourescent blue-green/olive mix for your botttom color. Canyon is loaded with green sunfish. Still a great looking fly.

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
I realize my skills aren't up to par with yours, but I would consider this small, if I was trying to emulate a swimbait. I designed this to throw on spinning tackle (because I don't own a fly rod, but I'm working on it), it's actuallly pretty heavy, it has 1/12th oz. dumbell eyes and the shank is wrappped with lead wire. I've kind of gotten away from tying for bass. Although, I use to catch lots of crappie and cats, at Saguaro on my brown/chartruese and black/chartruese Clauser minnows I use to tie.

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
Make it 6 inches!! Bigger=better

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Looks great, but it would be interesting to see what happens with some bigger 6"+ swimbaits. Good luck Tuesday, hope you get on some birds!

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Still needs to bigger. I would also try a flourescent blue-green/olive mix for your botttom color. Canyon is loaded with green sunfish. Still a great looking fly.
The middle of the fly is blue/green krystal flash. Color comes alive when wet. Your swimbait is killer!

·
Registered
131 Posts
6" is big.:blink:nevermind
I am headed out Tue morn. I have a spot or two but it is hiking hunting, not sit on a bucket and wait. Where were you thinking?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts