Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have decided after this morning at Bartlett that I will not be holding swimming lessons at the tournament next week. The water is still a bit cold, after I kind of well lets say went for a plunge today. Howard "lone Ranger" and myself went out to see how the fish are reacting to the crazy weather of a few weeks past and after the tourney yesterday. I was throwing one of the new crank baits that I bought for my Birthday a few weeks back, and tossed it just a bit to far and got it lodged in the rocks. So Howard was kind enough to get me in closer and I was planning to jump on the rocks and get it out. I now know that the ladder on the back of the boat is held up with two little plastic clamps. These clamps do no support the weight of your foot and body. As the ladder went down so did I getting my leg wedged in one of the rungs. The shock of the water and getting a leg undone is quite an experience. So those of you that are now dissapointed in the cancelation of the lessons, I am sorry. We did stay out and fish and Howard will probally post the report, Im thinking of changing my name to the Popcicle Kid for a while now. I guess there is a first time for everything and I hope this will be my last.

·
Registered
5,982 Posts
Fortunately Whod101 did not get hurt too badly after getting caught in the ladder and getting soaked. Because it was so cold though, it looked like there were icecicles hanging down from his arms when he got out of the water, hence the self-imposed nickname Popsicle Kid. He said it brought back memories of him living in Michigan this time of year. The good news was that we were able to beach the boat down the shore and he was able to retrieve his crankbait. 8)

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
SEE! And Rob laughs at me cuz I keep an extra change of clothes in the truck during cold months! :roll: I KNOW how uncoordinated I am! :lol: Glad you made it out okay Popsicle Kid, any bruising left for the retelling of the story?

·
Registered
11,680 Posts
NC, when Rob falls in the water during the winter and doesn't have a change of clothes let him wear your spare clothes. And get a picture. :twisted:

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Hmm, DA, now that alters which clothes I bring as a change! :twisted: When we went out a couple weeks ago, Rob came to the back of the boat and bent down to get something out of the water (no, not a fish) and I inadvertantly applied my foot to his backside. :twisted: Not enough to actually get him overboard, but just enough to make the ol' heart beat a few extra times! If I would have had the proper changing attire and your evil scheme in mind, I could have applied more pressure. :twisted: :twisted:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.