Registered
1,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what size weight you guys using and line,never t rigg em so i waz wondern

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
what size weight you guys using and line,never t rigg em so i waz wondern
The weight and line size should depend on where you are throwing the lure, not what worm you are throwing.

If you are throwing the worm shallow, use a lighter weight, deeper= heavier.

Common sense stuff there.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah i know but i usally never go over 3/8 oz,so i was wondering ,i dont fish deeper than 15-18 ft usally

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
... :Iconrotfl

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
To me too it seemed odd I think of t-rigging thicker/bigger heavier baits, ie beavers, brushhogs, big worms etc., and robo's aren't that big. but 7 inchers t-rig quite well with an 1/8 oz bullet. You can also by the fat head ones. Honestly I've come to catch more fish on a shakey head anyway so I don't do it all that much anymore.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
To me too it seemed odd I think of t-rigging thicker/bigger heavier baits, ie beavers, brushhogs, big worms etc., and robo's aren't that big. but 7 inchers t-rig quite well with an 1/8 oz bullet. You can also by the fat head ones. Honestly I've come to catch more fish on a shakey head anyway so I don't do it all that much anymore.
what oz shakey head?

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Again it depends where. As a newbi I would throw a little heavier weight so you can keep the worm on the bottom a little longer while its doing its thing. People often over fish this thing and catch nothing with it. Try different stuff dude, work it how you would like, because you may stumble onto something totally different. What works for the masses will in time fade away....

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
what oz shakey head?
as light as you can get away with. It does matter how deep your fishing as sensitivity does dwindle the more line you have out, best advise I ever got was to work your baits in a pool (or very clear water), watch what it does, remember how you make it do what you want it to do and duplicate on the water.

bottom line if you get the worm to the bottom with the tail standing up, it will catch fish

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
as light as you can get away with. It does matter how deep your fishing as sensitivity does dwindle the more line you have out, best advise I ever got was to work your baits in a pool (or very clear water), watch what it does, remember how you make it do what you want it to do and duplicate on the water.

bottom line if you get the worm to the bottom with the tail standing up, it will catch fish
lol funy thing,i do it in my pool all the time lol

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
I'll use a 1/8 or 3/16 weight at the most. I usually prefer a 3/16 shakey head for Robos.

·
Registered
3,663 Posts
I was on this bite in the Delta once that was a 6 inch purple ghost finess worm rigged with a 3/8 and the thing dropped like a dart but it made the fish crazy. There is not a set weight, it all depends on what your fish want.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts