Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, in regards to these tandem jigs for crappie at Roosevelt, what exactly does the rig look like?...I dont fish for crappie much, but if thats all the action I'll get at Roosevelt, I'll take it! Those slot bass and unders dont count for much in my book. May as well bring somethin back worth talkin about.
Thanks!
JD

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I dont feel so bad now...damn near 40 people have read this post and nobody knows what a tandem jig is??? Interesting....Why does Art even waste his time posting what he uses if nobody even knows what he is talking about anyways?

G

·
Delw is right, I use a swivel and two different lenghts of line. Then keep a few jigs with different colored heads and weights tied up in case I break one off. Art ties both to the same line. I believe a 1/8 on the bottom and a 1/16th one the top. Hope this helps. Fishingfever

·
Registered
11,707 Posts
Way back on October 16th Art answered a similar question in great detail. Art is a class act in my book! Here's his post:

I'm tying a 1/8th ounce jig on my Berkley 6/2 flame green Fireline, then with a palomar knot, tying a 1/16th ounce jig about 30 inches above the bottom jig. On the top jig I'm using a 2 inch Berkley pumpkin chartruese Power Grub, and on the bottom jig a Kalin 2 inch black/blue/chartruese grub. I put a mark, with a waterproof magic marker on my line at 30 feet to get the right depth and with my Lowrance GlobalMap 100 GPS I troll at from .9 to 1.1 mph. As far as where, I've been across from Cholla, in the islands, and around Windy Hill area. The crappie are schooled and pretty easy to find. Good luck....Art

1 - 6 of 6 Posts